Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Last played on December 12th.
We've nothing to lose really, the strikers we have aren't going to score enough to save us. He's a relatively proven striker at this level and we'd struggle to do much better in a January window. I think we'll try and add another striker too.

Deal until end of season tells me it’s cover until we get someone in on pre contract.

I'd wager a venn diagram of folk who've spent the past few days mewling "everyone needs to get behind every player!" after the Crawford signing would be a perfect circle is you added in folk saying this is a shite signing.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd wager a venn diagram of folk who've spent the past few days mewling "everyone needs to get behind every player!" after the Crawford signing would be a perfect circle is you added in folk saying this is a shite signing.

How about the one where they think both are awful signings - the cons outweigh the pros on both

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What kind of striker were you hoping for?

One that isn’t a petulant child who is more than likely going to disrupt the squad. 

We have major United in their relegation vibes now more than ever 

Just now, NYD1997 said:

One that isn’t a petulant child who is more than likely going to disrupt the squad. 

We have major United in their relegation vibes now more than ever 

When did Ciftci disrupt the United or Motherwell squads when there?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

When did Ciftci disrupt the United or Motherwell squads when there?

The reports are of him leaving teams as he has spat the dummy out. Ever wonder why he’s been through so many teams in a short period of time…

I'm more in the Rory McAllister camp [mention=4076]The Real Saints[/mention] it's about time we signed him.

I wasted my early 20’s fantasising over those goal scoring records. And then I remembered ICT Let him go for a reason.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I wasted my early 20’s fantasising over those goal scoring records. And then I remembered ICT Let him go for a reason.

Exactly. 3 top flight goals and over 200 in the lower leagues. That's his level.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Exactly. 3 top flight goals and over 200 in the lower leagues. That's his level.

Didn’t we try sign him when we were in the first division or were we up a level when we tried?

Didn’t we try sign him when we were in the first division or were we up a level when we tried?

Sure we were looking at him before Del left. Maybe 2011/12? Seem to mind a fair few stories of him signing around about then.

Just now, mizfit said:

Sure we were looking at him before Del left. Maybe 2011/12? Seem to mind a fair few stories of him signing around about then.

I can remember us trying to sign him and him going to peterhead as he was making more money as a plumber and part time than he would at us (or that was the reported reason)

10 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

The reports are of him leaving teams as he has spat the dummy out. Ever wonder why he’s been through so many teams in a short period of time…

When though?

He left United for Celtic without any fuss.

Left Celtic because of a lack game time without any fuss.

So what moves are you on about where he's forced it with his attitude?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

When though?

He left United for Celtic without any fuss.

Left Celtic because of a lack game time without any fuss.

So what moves are you on about where he's forced it with his attitude?

Loans cut short - Plymouth where he didn’t get game time and by reports was an issue (with Derek Adams which isn’t necessary hard as both are rockets)

Caykur Rizespor - left a 2 year deal a month in as fell out with manager 

Last club contract terminated early…