Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

At least we all know why Davidson is still the manager. Mainly because the owners couldn't give a flying f**k because they are on the way out. Callum knows his time is up and is just treading water until the clubs sold, he's not getting sacked and he knows it.  No forward thinking with signings, shit tactics and I bet the training is even half hearted. Folk will soon get fed up with the whole top to bottom shitshow at Mcdiarmid. They need to sell and quickly.

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

At least we all know why Davidson is still the manager. Mainly because the owners couldn't give a flying f**k because they are on the way out. Callum knows his time is up and is just treading water until the clubs sold, he's not getting sacked and he knows it.  No forward thinking with signings, shit tactics and I bet the training is even half hearted. Folk will soon get fed up with the whole top to bottom shitshow at Mcdiarmid. They need to sell and quickly.

The way the club has dealt with first, the 2014 and then the Double cup wins show the ownership have been totally uninterested in the club for a long time. If they wanted to progress the club those were the times to kick on but so little has been done it’s disheartening. 

I don’t think anyone should be surprised by that today, a pretty typical performance under Callum Davidson. Sooner he gets to f**k the better, can barely motivate myself to go at all these days. 

I can see us getting sucked into this relegation fight now as Davidson is completely clueless and is about as motivational as a eulogy speech. 

22 hours ago, mizfit said:

Anyone had an email from Flax yet?

Interesting theres still been nothing via email or officially yet. Half wonder if they hoped we'd win yesterday and the positive PR of that and being in the top 4 hunt would've helped it blow over. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting theres still been nothing via email or officially yet. Half wonder if they hoped we'd win yesterday and the positive PR of that and being in the top 4 hunt would've helped it blow over. 

I wondered whether they'd even acknowledge the fan reaction...

It's not like they were bothered about their own fans prior to the decision, why would that change after it?

17 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I think that the club being on the market explains a number of behaviours, including running the catering on an absolute shoestring, zero capital investment and the decision over the cup ticket allocation. They're not going to put more cost into the club by changing the manager, even if they wanted to.

Massive alarm bells for me last week again, just when some fans were daring to look above us and going into a huge couple of home games where we could be sitting clear third, he trots out 'the main priority for this club is to avoid relegation'. WTF kind of message is that sending? It's a case of 'be careful what you wish for' but I'm really hoping that we get some new owners with just a wee bit of ambition and drive. We can still be a community club without limiting ourselves. Given the last decade, of course we should be saying that we're aiming to finish top 6.

I'm 50/50 on whether we're really seeing the return of inflexible Cal or if a few key players just aren't firing right now but that display yesterday was an embarassment. When you're bringing on O'Halloran you know you've already lost.

And is it just me or does it seem that we seem to move the ball much quicker back to front as a back 4? Admittedly that's been when we've been chasing games but reducing the options for balls across/turning back into the centre-backs seems to get us up the park a bit sharper.

43 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I'm 50/50 on whether we're really seeing the return of inflexible Cal or if a few key players just aren't firing right now

Both?

I see all the armchair fans of other clubs are out in force defending our boards decision regarding the Rangers game on Facebook. They're all like weird government bots. 

Nonsense about "well if fans actually turned up every week". Such nonsense from ill informed dafties. 

For our population the club is well supported. To fill McDiarmid we'd need a 5th of the WHOLE of Perth to turn up. Never ever going to happen. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

26 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I see all the armchair fans of other clubs are out in force defending our boards decision regarding the Rangers game on Facebook. They're all like weird government bots. 

Nonsense about "well if fans actually turned up every week". Such nonsense from ill informed dafties. 

For our population the club is well supported. To fill McDiarmid we'd need a 5th of the WHOLE of Perth to turn up. Never ever going to happen. 

i' ve used this argument for years generally to shut up "Crowd wanks" more so down down south though! by suggesting 10% of your population is a good conversion rate ( 10% of 45,000 = 4500! i know we don't have that figure as home support at games more like 3000 but it usually works to shut them up and when in the pub half pissed it is easy to calculate others crowds ratio to population)

However i have been called out a couple of times lately by "Clever Chunts" that St Johnstone should be pulling 10% of Perthshire (Estimated at 95,000 ) and a one team county! ( Although Jeanfield ,Kinnoul and Luncarty are now in the senior pyramid  😀)  

It also may be the case that Perthshire do possibly supply a healthy amount of our current support 

So we should be able to do much better than 3000/4000 on a weekly basis!