Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's another payment in more recent documents as well but those weren't addressed directly to him. It had "Stellar" receiving the payment, so the business he works for. 

They’re aww bisciitz playiirz 🤪🤪 or whatever was said 

Well this just made me laugh like f**k. It's cheaper to get a direct, return flight from Edinburgh to Bologna next Wednesday to Sunday than it is to go to a Saints game. You'd even have a pound left over to buy a bar of chocolate at the airport. If I had enough annual leave to take I'd consider it. Italian food and drink, bit of sightseeing around the city, maybe get a train to Venice for the day...or Livingston at home watching Davidson Ball with no hot food left at half time. DECISIONS.

323546244_861865165093261_2943422890164866811_n.thumb.jpg.73e90cc54dab7695b7a75b758d047fee.jpg 

Right, who are we signing? 😜

We know a few are going. 

Perm: Mahon

Loan: MOH, Max, Gallagher

The reason I see MOH & Gallagher going on loan rather than perm is because they'll not be keen on a premature paycut and Saints will be happy to get some of the wage off the books. 

Daily etc to probably go out loan again. Doesn't sound like his loan was a success either?

Could see Bair being moved on as well if we get another striker and there's interested shown in him.

Also: can see our business in being loans if anything. All tying in with the sale and unwilling to commit to contracts. Who at Millwall is available? 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

There seems zero point in Mahon, Gallacher or Max being here as they look unlikely to feature at all regardless of injuries etc.

Recouping some money back for Mahon has the be the priority but i dont know how you can convince clubs to spend money on a CB whos played about 3 games in 12 months. A loan where he plays regularly probably ideal but what Scottish club will loan him when hes barely played? Return to Ireland seems most likely as he probably wants away from the club now tbh.

Gallacher or Max should be simpler to get loan moves for, but id guess Gallacher would depend on us extending Montgomerys loan?

MOH another likely to go but again likely a loan as his next move will almost definitely involve a pay cut, so why would he bother missing out on another 5/6 months of higher pay?

Murphy sounded like he wanted to go but we've randomly changed back to a shape he fits into and brought him back in so who knows, hes useful to have around so id like to see him stay just now.

Bair needs to be playing regularly and you can see him being appealing to clubs in the Championship, but we've nothing else up front until Kanes back so would depend on a new striker coming in.

Id like to see a holding midfielder come in but theres no chance of that unless he can move 3/4 on as if feels like we've got about 10 players competing for 3 positions at the moment.

If Tommy Wright was in charge, with Steve Brown running the show, youd expect us to have no chance of signing anyone until 5/6 were out the door. Under Davidson/Flaherty its hard to know though, seems less restrictions on money being spent these days.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Unofficial Twitter saying Ballantyne returned from his loan.

So we have McGowan, Phillips, Davidson, Ballantyne, MacPherson, Hallberg, Wotherspoon, Carey, Crawford, Max and Murphy all competing for 3 spots as it stands.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

So we have McGowan, Phillips, Davidson, Ballantyne, MacPherson, Hallberg, Wotherspoon, Carey, Crawford, Max and Murphy all competing for 3 spots as it stands.

Just about to ask about Ballantyne - can he play for another club after he featured in the League Cup for us?

I see saints most recent newsletter update is still pedalling the same statement for the Rangers cup game and hoping for a healthy home crowd. Talk about misreading a room entirely. I’ve got no doubt Mr Flaherty has come in to work today and totally underestimated how much abuse and reasoned information has been thrown the clubs way. 

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

With only McGowan looking remotely like the CDM we need.

25 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

A guy from WAP has had a response. Asking for his number to call apparently.

I know a personal touch goes a long way and generic responses may wind some up more but struggling to see how phoning people individually will resolve the anger from the vast majority of our support?

39 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I know a personal touch goes a long way and generic responses may wind some up more but struggling to see how phoning people individually will resolve the anger from the vast majority of our support?

Flaherty was phoning people at the start of season when folk were complaining about Davidson and the signings of has beens. He said that's how he wanted to engage with fans but I'd imagine there's been a shitload more emails this time.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think it’s gone beyond a personal touch to be honest, that many complaints has left them one option. A full on statement,