Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Thanks for those that kindly informed me that my Twitter has apparently been branded chief hater on this banter page.

What an accolade.

You’re not a hater Redford. Just another influencer😘

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Happy to do endorsements for a small fee.

as Radford’s agent I’ll handle all negotiations, and put him forward for all available positions whenever I’m on sportsound 

Substantial work planned for the pitch and funds have been released for this. However, time is the most important thing and a minimum of six weeks is needed. The company is ready to start so we can't afford the playoffs again basically.

The board have the final say on the manager and there's already been some serious interest in the post. Right from the minute Callum left. 

Squad is too big and needs reduced. This is important financially but also to allow the progression of young players.

Callum always had to final say in transfers.

Edited by The Saintee

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Did anyone ask why the squad was allowed to get so large? Only reason I ask that is us lot could spot that a mile away yet they're the ones who can see how much it's costing.

He pretty much said he wasn’t sure iirc. Said he understood why if a manager is given money he’d go and spend it. Also kept mentioning the former head of recruitment which was odd considering he left the club over a year ago. 

23 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Did anyone ask why the squad was allowed to get so large? Only reason I ask that is us lot could spot that a mile away yet they're the ones who can see how much it's costing.

Nobody quite owned up to that. They were clearly saying all transfers were down to the manager.

18 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Please share any and all thoughts. Wasn't there. 

Essentially just a bit of reassurance more that somebody at the club can see the need to reduce both the numbers in the squad and the age of it and to start bringing our own players through. Was quite transparent throughout the meeting and spoke highly of St. Johnstone as a club which probably wooed me a bit

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Why do I feel John Hughes made the phonecall at 730 this morning?

There's been a lot of interest. Directly to the club on the phone and via email. Also folk reaching out directly to MacPherson.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

There's been a lot of interest. Directly to the club on the phone and via email. Also folk reaching out directly to MacPherson.

I’ve a feeling they’ve a rough idea who they want though just from some of Gus’s reaction.