Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Feel a massive sense of relief today. Having lost my dad at the end of 2021, I wondered whether my sense of Saints-related disillusionment/depression was more due to the fact that I couldn’t share it with him anymore. Today has proved to me that those doubts were unfounded. Although we don’t have a clue what’s about to happen, I feel excitement for the first time in two years. Can’t wait for this new era.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Feel a massive sense of relief today. Having lost my dad at the end of 2021, I wondered whether my sense of Saints-related disillusionment/depression was more due to the fact that I couldn’t share it with him anymore. Today has proved to me that those doubts were unfounded. Although we don’t have a clue what’s about to happen, I feel excitement for the first time in two years. Can’t wait for this new era.

Sorry to hear mate. People who don’t like football sometimes don’t get how much deeper than simply being a sport it can be, in terms of bringing people together and being a constant in their lives. 💙

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

No manager should be sacked if the club started the season with them. They should always get the full season.

Fans don't understand that managers HAVE to play players out of position. It doesn't mean they don't know what they are doing. 

Oh ya c**t, he never won a league game with us, couldn't imagine him having longer. 

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Did Peter grant not sit in the away end v Dunfermline in the same season he was sacked by dunfermline? 

Aye, his son was playing for Queens Park. 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The neutrals take on Davidson being sacked is absolutely horrendous. So much opinion with so little clue. 

That includes many pundits. 

Generally from what I’ve seen on social media, supporters of two teams aside, folk have seemed to get it. A few morons as always though. The media is a completely different story, but I guess these guys are hardly going to say somebody they’re pals with, or have mutual pals with, deserved to lose their job 

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The neutrals take on Davidson being sacked is absolutely horrendous. So much opinion with so little clue. 

That includes many pundits. 

f**k the lot of them.

We'd almost definitely have been relegated with Callum continuing that utter shite he put out weekly.

Now we have a chance, and if it doesn't work out, well at least we are happy supporting our team again!

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Wow

0E2A69AF-1766-4617-8C91-67C40594D9BE.jpeg

I raise you...

Definitely folk who'll be bringing up Davidson for years as if this was the wrong decision, and as time goes on theyll convince themselves more and more the past 2 seasons weren't as bad as they were. 

It’s a shame. 
I didn’t start the season wanting him sacked, I wanted him to click and make it work. It looked like we were. But the evidence since January is there. It’s sadly not. So what do you do? Stick out and hope it’ll work out, or make the difficult choice and sack him. 

I don’t think it’s something a majority of fans have wanted to see happen, I think it’s been a slow burn of watching the failures on the pitch. That’s what it was for me. 

As others have said, once the rawness and emotions have worn off people will look back on the debut season with happy thoughts but also recognise change was needed.