Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Steve Bright is both devastated and seething. Absolutely wonderful Monday morning reading.

image.png.ebecdd22779484ec94d670285eb107da.png

Such a sanctimonious, condescending arsehole. I get what he’s trying to say, but my word he’s a p***k about it. 

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The people are genuinely unwell. 

They fit right into the category of "I can't understand how they've survived to adult age"

The folk who've spent the past 12 months launching abuse at anyone who dared question Davidson were always going to react like this when the inevitable happened.

Suspect this'll rumble on for months and the same folk will gleefully tell everyone they were right if we end up relegated and how its only them that are "true fans" and not the folk who wanted Davidson out.

Best to just ignore them really, this was never a "us v them" thing like theyve tried to paint it for a year, it was always a "whats best for St Johnstone" thing. Theyll never accept that because of how they personally feel about Davidson.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The folk who've spent the past 12 months launching abuse at anyone who dared question Davidson were always going to react like this when the inevitable happened.

Suspect this'll rumble on for months and the same folk will gleefully tell everyone they were right if we end up relegated and how its only them that are "true fans" and not the folk who wanted Davidson out.

Best to just ignore them really, this was never a "us v them" thing like theyve tried to paint it for a year, it was always a "whats best for St Johnstone" thing. Theyll never accept that because of how they personally feel about Davidson.

Yeah that's it. I just don't go on or read anything on the banter page. Totally ignored those on twitter screaming that it's an outrage as well. Can't be arsed getting myself all worked up arguing with dafties. It won't change their view. 

I'm already wound up enough at the state of the results and club! 😂😂😂

We want the same thing as the likes of him as well. The club to do well. They just seem to want to make a fight out of it with their fellow supporters. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Apparently if you were going to want the manager sacked in two years time you shouldn’t have got a photo with the trophies 

CDB5021B-187F-494B-9FB7-3631327484DE.jpeg

Fair play to you for not absolutely flying off the handle with this…

C5C9C235-BE9B-47EA-AB0E-6322491EDDCB.jpeg3E51E1CC-8A6D-4010-88D1-3083B1B0C893.jpeg.3c49eea25f0b5a8f37e48ed98c240735.jpeg

Edited by PSJ.84

43 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We want the same thing as the likes of him as well. The club to do well. They just seem to want to make a fight out of it with their fellow supporters. 

Do they want the club to do well though? They seem perfectly satisfied with our downturn on and off the pitch. If the club was filled with similar personalities (which could very well be the case), we’d become a permanent fixture in the lower leagues.

Edited by The Real Saints

14 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Do they want the club to do well though? They seem perfectly satisfied with our downturn on and off the pitch. If the club was filled with similar personalities (which could very well be the case), we’ll become a permanent fixture in the lower leagues.

I think they do. I just think they're wrong and frankly don't have a clue. 

Hence using phrases like "immortals". It's like they're on some other planet and  wee bit delusional.

You find this in many conversations with football fans. Like when you read the banter page and they're suggesting ridiculous signings or manager suggestions in the genuine belief they're decent suggestions. They don't understand how the real world of football works. Lacking any realist understanding of how football and also a business world works. 

Using Bright as an example, he believes without question he is correct and anyone who challenges him are wrong. I don't want to sound derogatory here but in my opinion someone who is completely unwilling to accept any reasoned conversation or anyone with an alternative point of view to his own certainly says a lot about him and his mentality/intelligence.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think they do. I just think they're wrong and frankly don't have a clue. 

Hence using phrases like "immortals". It's like they're on some other planet and  wee bit delusional.

You find this in many conversations with football fans. Like when you read the banter page and they're suggesting ridiculous signings or manager suggestions in the genuine belief they're decent suggestions. They don't understand how the real world of football works. Lacking any realist understanding of how football and also a business world works. 

Using Bright as an example, he believes without question he is correct and anyone who challenges him are wrong. I don't want to sound derogatory here but in my opinion someone who is completely unwilling to accept any reasoned conversation or anyone with an alternative point of view to his own certainly says a lot about him and his mentality/intelligence.

I think what some and all of us to some degree are wrestling with over CD is that you never want to see someone who has such sn association with the club and is a legend to have failed in any way. There won't be a Saints fan out there who didn't want Davidson to be a continued success.

What most fans can do is see clearly the deficiencies of the managers performance over the last 18 months. Others, understandably to an extent, cannot see past the double win. However, it could no longer go on as was.

Other side to it all is that if we didn't get rid of CD and new owners binned him, it would gets some fans immediately off side.

This way, it is a clean break. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think was some and all of us to some degree and wrestling with over CD is that you never want to see someone who has such sn association with the club and is a legend to have failed in any way. There won't be a Saints fan out there who didn't want Davidson to be a continued success.

What most fans can do is see clearly the deficiencies of the managers performance over the last 18 months. Others, understandably to an extent, cannot see past the double win. However, it could no longer go on as was.

Other side to it all is that if we didn't get rid of CD and new owners binned him, it would gets some fans immediately off side.

This way, it is a clean break. 

It would have been irresponsible for the club to allow it to go any further. 

The anger at McDiarmid on Saturday would have been very prevalent and risked damaging the relationship with the fans even further as well as obviously making it even more difficult to play in - which of course risks relegation even further. 

Action just had to happen for so many reasons. 

We all know what Callum has done for the club in a playing, coaching and management capacity, the positives far outweigh the negatives and rightly won't be forgotten. If we do go down this season it will also be because him as well, which leaves his legacy a bit tarnished in my eyes.

Callum Davidson = good player and coach.

Callum Davidson = one dimensional, pretty shit manager.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

What's even madder than the Celtic love in for Cal is the number of Killie fans that want him to replace McInnes.

😮

Which, along with the media love, will see him get a crack at management at another decent side. It's a bit of the Jack Ross effect.

I hope Davidson sits back and reflect where things went wrong and when he gets his next job, he will be a better manager for it.

I think you would be hard pressed to find any Saints fan who would not be willing him on wherever he ends up (one or two clubs aside). 

Aye, I think for me I wanted to give him the opportunity to turn it around this season and prove people wrong. 

But not to the level of delusion some people had. For me, it became obvious after the livi home game something wasn’t working and this had to come. 

As I said yesterday it was raw, and emotions will be high. One thing we can all agree on is that he is going to go down in the clubs history books.