Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

There's a couple of guys with special needs coming along and I really wish they'd bring their support worker with them. 

I got corrected after the last meeting when asking why of all the questions they could ask people were asking about the seat colour 😁😂 didn't realise they had special needs!

I get your point though. 

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Blame the guy not there 😂

Surely someone has to tell him there's no budget left though!

You'd think. Judging from when I spoke with Flaherty on the phone he was definitely involved in transfers at one point.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

You'd think. Judging from when I spoke with Flaherty on the phone he was definitely involved in transfers at one point.

Flax is a gobshite who let's his mouth run.

I do however in this instance think he did have a hand in some transfers, especially when he was travelling the world.

Aye it all feels very "theres the donkey" in terms of pinning blame on someone.

Like Davidson won't have been blameless but you're above him in the pecking order, so clearly its either MacPherson or Flaherty that allowed it, and that needs resolved. MacPherson probably is just dossing about doing nothing until someone asks him a question so its Flaherty you look at, and I'm still convinced hes aware hes miles out his depth so he'll just have agreed with Davidson (and a half interested MacPherson) when they talked about pumping all our money into multi-year deals for "proven" pensioners this Summer to try and look clever.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Flax is a gobshite who let's his mouth run.

I do however in this instance think he did have a hand in some transfers, especially when he was travelling the world.

More than one person that know Flax from the junior levels have has said similar to me. Nice guy etc but 💩 talker. 

Out his depth 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I got the impression MacPherson was hinting towards somebody (Flaherty) was continually allowing Davidson to bring in players without actually looking at how much we were already spending

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye it all feels very "theres the donkey" in terms of pinning blame on someone.

Like Davidson won't have been blameless but you're above him in the pecking order, so clearly its either MacPherson or Flaherty that allowed it, and that needs resolved. MacPherson probably is just dossing about doing nothing until someone asks him a question so its Flaherty you look at, and I'm still convinced hes aware hes miles out his depth so he'll just have agreed with Davidson (and a half interested MacPherson) when they talked about pumping all our money into multi-year deals for "proven" pensioners this Summer.

I've been very sceptical but MacPherson spoke well tonight. Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I've been very sceptical but MacPherson spoke well tonight. Time will tell.

Agreed, thought his Goodwin comment was very interesting too.

53 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Substantial work planned for the pitch and funds have been released for this. However, time is the most important thing and a minimum of six weeks is needed. The company is ready to start so we can't afford the playoffs again basically.

The board have the final say on the manager and there's already been some serious interest in the post. Right from the minute Callum left. 

Squad is too big and needs reduced. This is important financially but also to allow the progression of young players.

Callum always had to final say in transfers.

23 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

There's been a lot of interest. Directly to the club on the phone and via email. Also folk reaching out directly to MacPherson.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Right lads give us the rundown on what was said.

There you go.