Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im fairly sure we played our first competitive game a few years back without the full kit available for the players 😂

Is there any reason beyond individual incompetence? 

Edited by Savage Henry

32 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is there any reason beyond individual incompetence? 

Saints are run like an actual amateur side, it's what Steve Broon knows. If anyone questioned him his answers usually were "I don't actually want to do it, it's my dads thing", "if it's not broke don't fix it" and " if you want to do it buy the fucking thing". Or along those lines.

You can only knock it so much though because the figures and recent trophies tell you the other side. We could've been a really well run club with a forward thinking board, great marketing etc etc but that all costs money. There's a happy medium in there somewhere, that's kinda where I'd like Saints to be.

Edited by tree house tam

30 minutes ago, Widge said:

Tomorrow nights open meeting is going to be a fucking riot 😂

Absolutely nothing will happen. the fans steering group are mostly yes men and since Macca is due to be there then everyone will be too scared to say anything. 

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

That first goal, man.

Didnt really click at the time but how easy was that for them to just play through our shape. Hopefully just because players arent sharp yet.

11 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Absolutely nothing will happen. the fans steering group are mostly yes men and since Macca is due to be there then everyone will be too scared to say anything. 

Instead of coming out with shite like this, why don't you attend?

22 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What would me attending do? Do you really think are fans are going to do anything tonight? 

I think these events are not designed to be a pitchfork-mob affair, but an "if your p***-ed off, air your views" opportunity.

Unlike some, I am quite relaxed about where we are. Every single supporter was complaining about our bloated squad last season. That has been dealt with. Our lineup versus Dunfermline was missing between 5 and 7 likely starters. Throw into the mix an additional handful (which 100% WILL happen) then we will be alright.

I would rather be where we are than our neighbours up the Tay who have Zak Rudden playing for them pre-season and are signing unknowns from all over the world. We have (and they have too...) all seen how that can work out...

“I was really disappointed with the way my time came to an end at St Johnstone. To get manager of the year one season and the sack the next was weird." - Alex Totten

The issue is only going to get more challenging with the signings. Potential signings are going to question why the other players we've tried to sign have all turned us down. While we only know Kennedy for certain, there will be various others. 

If we do then start poorly and struggle in the league cup that's only going to further out doubt in the mind of players about the direction the club is going in. 

At least it'll be exciting when we do sign someone 😬😂 what are the odds of there being mass moans about who the player is when they do sign though?!

I think the irritating thing about leaving everything so late is that the League Cup is a massive opportunity to progress to the latter stages of a cup. Fucking up the group stage shouldn’t be acceptable, & I can see Ayr sneaking it with a Jamie Murphy winner.

Similar to others, I don’t really care about the kit that much, however it’s symptomatic of the lack of preparation. I get we’ll take a big, probably 7 figure, financial loss this year and need to cut the wage bill but we still have considerable funds in the bank and relegation would be far more disastrous from a financial perspective.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

So, speaking of tonight....what are everyone's thoughts??

Bearing in mind, the "Fans Forum Aims" on the club website are:

1. To maintain a positive and constructive dialogue between the club and fans.
  2. To develop a better understanding of issues that affect supporters.
  3. An opportunity for the club to discuss new ideas.

This will no doubt mean that discussions surrounding transfers (much like they previously were with player contracts etc) will not be up for discussion. Prepare yourself for: "we are working hard behind the scenes", "we are looking for quality over quantity"....you know what I mean.

In addition, the club will not be held accountable on any issues or questions on the strips. Much as the conversations in previous forum minutes, "the delay is with the supplier", "needed to get final confirmation of blah blah"...again, all powder puff stuff.

These fans forums ultimately do not serve to achieve anything. It is a box ticking exercise so that the club can say that they engage with fans in a positive way.

Couple of selfies with Macca and some out of shape, dishevelled 48 year old in a Bonar top appear on the website tomorrow and the club will be happy IMO.