Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Macca also made the point in saying he'll not sign as many older players. Interesting that he said that without being questioned about the age of players. 

Also said there was too many players at the club under previous manager that were simply not good enough. 

#GayForMacca

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Would folk say they were more or less positive after hearing the manager speak?

Which of course shows the power of engagement...

Not quite the same as I wasn’t there, but feeling a lot more positive having read some of the stuff said

1 minute ago, Radford said:

I think Macca came across very well. Every comment made you could tell he’d been thinking of for some time. 

Even describing how the players will operate under him, I liked that. At least you know the plan, and can see where people will get the opportunities. 

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'm more positive after hearing him in person......but of course a lot of guys can talk a good game. 

I'm positive now but let's see what happens when some signings come in and how he fits in or manages unpopular players like Crawford.

I was really impressed with how frank and open Maclean was. I didn't think he'd be as good a speaker as he is, he's clearly very thoughtful too. 

Not much to add really, I feel about the same in terms of how positive/negative I'm feeling but at least now know Maclean's preferred direction of travel. 

It's pretty clear those in charge last season fucked up massively and we'll be paying for that for some time to come. How can a team as poor as that cost £4m?

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I was really impressed with how frank and open Maclean was. I didn't think he'd be as good a speaker as he is, he's clearly very thoughtful too. 

Not much to add really, I feel about the same in terms of how positive/negative I'm feeling but at least now know Maclean's preferred direction of travel. 

It's pretty clear those in charge last season fucked up massively and we'll be paying for that for some time to come. How can a team as poor as that cost £4m?

That's the thing!

Football budget cost 4 fucking million. Shambles. 

Given what the first team budget was under Lomas and early Wright, I really struggle to get my head around this £4 million figure.

Did MacLean say if 4-3-3 was his preferred formation?

Thanks to all those that have shared from the evening.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Given what the first team budget was under Lomas and early Wright, I really struggle to get my head around this £4 million figure.

Did MacLean say if 4-3-3 was his preferred formation?

Thanks to all those that have shared from the evening.

He didnt say he had a preferred shape, just a preferred style. So regardless of how we set up, he wants to play on the front foot, press high and play with a high tempo. 

He said that, if we are behind with 10 minutes to go, he'd like to have the option to go more direct so I took it that he wants to play more possession based football than we've been used to.