Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He also said that there's studies that suggest that anymore than the time they currently spend on video analysis it stops adding anymore value. 

Through the years I’ve definitely heard various tutors, whilst inflicting death-by-PowerPoint, that they need to change things up every 15 minutes because people start to lose concentration. 

I would expect professional footballers to have a greater attention span than 10 minutes whilst analysing a performance though.

NFL players literally spend hours everyday studying film, though they’re obviously paid a lot more.

On 13/07/2023 at 19:46, PSJ.84 said:

Is he really any better suited to how MacLean wants to play than Davidson? The high pressing game Macca speaks of is definitely not Crawford’s game. Might have a role to play out left, I suppose, but the drop off from Ballantyne to him in terms of off the ball is quite dramatic. 

This is pretty much how I see this particular dig. 

On 13/07/2023 at 19:52, The Saintee said:

Didn't exactly set the heather on fire at Morton playing for his pal either.

The c*nt.

Reading Crawford's comments this struck me immediately as well. A high tempo, high pressing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 which McLean apparently prefers is exactly how Imrie likes to play as well, and to say it didn't suit Crawford would be a colossal understatement. He was out of his depth in that shape and style in the Championship, it's definitely not going to go well for him in the Premiership.

Euan Murray might be the complicated one as we would've been waiting for him to arrange his release.    

Quite excited to see who the new signing is for today. 

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Had a quick look at wingers recently released from clubs in England and there’s only a couple. Like the he look of one of them but I’ll be adding 2 and 2 and getting 5. 

Fuming if it’s Zaha, macca said he wanted youngsters.

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Euan Murray might be the complicated one as we would've been waiting for him to arrange his release.    

Quite excited to see who the new signing is for today. 

Hartlepool signed another centre half today and I'm assuming they were waiting for him to replace Murray also fitting in with "complicated" comments.

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Murray has also been linked with us and apparently terms and everything has been agreed we were just waiting on Hartlepool releasing him it I’ll be interesting to see how this plays out 

In fairness there's something out there to suggest we're in for him. Maclean just said we've got two deals agreed but one of them is complicated. Very good chance we're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

In fairness there's something out there to suggest we're in for him. Maclean just said we've got two deals agreed but one of them is complicated. Very good chance we're putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 

Oh aye, I just found it interesting he was released today after the post match comments.