Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The closer we get to KO for the new season the more I'm convinced that we're absolutely fucked. 

Dunno, I'm actually going the opposite way! We have been so bad pre season, it surely cannot get any worse......

Maybe the booting of Davidson last season when it wasn't going well would mean that if we have a horrific start, the board (those not currently facing jail) will be more inclined to get shot early.

On the pitch, if we can get players fit and at least one competent centre half, then providing May or Jephcott can actually score a goal or two, we will be ok.

Feel like our new analyst is really earning his corn right now with these signings/targets (as well as everyone else at the club obviously). Might not be enough to save us this season but the manager is clearly embracing the structure and listening to everyone in the room when it comes to recruitment. Can only help broaden our target range and get players who'll improve us. 

Olufunwa is clearly a gamble but he will at least give us depth in a couple of positions where we're short. Hopefully he takes to first team football well. 

Well done Macca!

This mess isn't of his making (mostly) and he appears to be doing the right things.

A 10th place finish and I'll be absolutely delighted and excited for next season.

But also prepared to take our medicine if needs be, we are moving forward but it may not be quickly enough to save our bacon this year.

C'est la vie! COYS!