Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 hours ago, derektaylor84 said:

Caught a bit of Sportsound earlier, they mentioned that in Saints next 13 matches we play Celtic twice & Rangers twice. Scary thought with what we are seeing now. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

And yet, in a way, thst isn't a bad thing. If we are to get more bodies in, then probably better to get the likely losses out of the way before then. You could argue that the no game next week and then Celtic away, kind of gives a degree of breathing space to sort out the issue. Yes, an absolute doing by Celtic would knock confidence, but we may get that anyway.

On paper, from the first 3 games, realistically we were not going to pick much up, with County being the most likely.

Off the pitch, everything is in a frozen state. Club has just ground to a halt. The board is very temporary and even then, losing one to HMP FC is possible, so really needs either new owners or some freshness ASAP.

As much as I like Macca and its far to early to call for his head, clearly he is struggling to get what he has available to perform. Starting to become apparent that too many senior players are going to need a different voice from what they have had for the past few years. Doesn't necessarily mean a change in manager (yet), but maybe we need some freshness behind him. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This isn't any better so far but why are the Davidson happy clappers fine with it under Davidson but not Macca? 🤷‍♂️

“Guid st Johnstone man.”

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This isn't any better so far but why are the Davidson happy clappers fine with it under Davidson but not Macca? 🤷‍♂️

Yer man theres profile is some reading.

Hates Nicola Sturgeon, voted for Brexit, thinks everyone who goes on a gay pride march is "weirdos,", supports the Tories over the gender reform bill, and says Davidson failed entirely because of "toxic fans".

Edited by RandomGuy.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hates Nicola Sturgeon, voted for Brexit, thinks everyone who goes on a gay pride march is "weirdos,", supports the Tories over the gender reform bill, and says Davidson failed entirely because of "toxic fans".

Is it him who got that horrendous West Ham/At Johnstone flag made 🤢

Or was it Millwall? 🙃🤢

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like a truly delightful human being. Wonder if he’s pals with that Findlay guy from the Banter Page

Edited by PSJ.84

Any predictions for this week? 

I’m going for Liam Gordon to be injured dropping a costa cup on his foot ruling him out for 14 months and GMS to sign on a 12 month deal. 

I'm at the stage where MacLean now needs to act on what he's said. For me that means dropping the likes of May, Carey and Gordon, I'm going to throw in Ballantyne into that pile as well. All of them need a boot up the arse and take a look at their attitudes and application. It's not just them, but for me they're the worst offenders. May in particular needs reminded he's droppable, I'd hope that another week and some intense fitness work, Jephcott can get himself fitter. I know he didn't have a pre-season and it's tough, but he'll have been with us 4/5 weeks by the end of the Celtic game and that's enough time to at least get a half yard quicker. 

I've been saying Taylor Steven needs played for a while now. Like I've said, he's maybe not the most technical player, but he's at least direct and will fight for everything. The fact he gets booked every time he's on the pitch shows he's at least getting close to players. I'm also willing to forgive McClelland for the error on Saturday, the guys only played 22 senior games in his career and for the most part has looked solid next to much more experienced guys who're doing him no favours at all. I think he'll end up being a good signing for us. Equally I'm not going to judge Smith based on him being asked to play wide, same with Max, it's not their position and has been forced through having no other options. If it's me and I'm picking the team for Celtic, then I'm playing the below on the basis we're not getting any other players in and a few get back from injury -

Mitov

Brown - McClelland - Considine

Olufunwa----------------------Gallacher

McGowan - Phillips

Smith

Steven - Jephcott

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Any predictions for this week? 

I’m going for Liam Gordon to be injured dropping a costa cup on his foot ruling him out for 14 months and GMS to sign on a 12 month deal. 

Will be at least one other new injury and one of the injured players having a further setback or being 'sent for a scan'.

I think the long injury list of due to the age/type of player we have, but you do have to ask if there isn't something in the way they train or are treated fitness wise that means we seem to pick up so many injuries?

I predict we will get another permanent signing this week, followed by a Burnley player on loan.

I know you joke about GMS and I'm not saying we should sign him. But, we do need someone with a bit of a creative streak. It's all to slow and predictable at the moment. Teams know we won't stretch them enough and that none of our wide players can do them for pace. 

We're getting slaughtered at Celtic Park regardless of what shape we play, and who plays.

Id rather see the experiences ones humiliated than youth players.

Just now, John Bonham said:

I heard the club might be looking further afield at the Asian market given the success other clubs are having with players from there. 

Specifically I understand Saints are taking a look at Somyun Guy. 

Make of that what you will. 

I have heard he is quite the prospect.

Rumours in the popular daily Asian Free Press have us linked with Onyar Treetmen-Taybul although this is just speculation at this stage.

Is this really as bad as everyone is making out or is it just St Johnstone going through a moment in time? For example I don't know much about your team but I know you have a lot of injuries? 

It all seems pretty shite right now but surely the manager will be given funds to bring new people in, or will he? 

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Is this really as bad as everyone is making out or is it just St Johnstone going through a moment in time? For example I don't know much about your team but I know you have a lot of injuries? 

It all seems pretty shite right now but surely the manager will be given funds to bring new people in, or will he? 

Don't even touch that can of worms.....