Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Was away to say a cheap punt on a goalscorer whos confident would make sense, even as 4th choice to try and bag a goal at the end of games, so could see him coming to complement the 3 strikers in the squad.

Completely forgot we actually have 4 senior strikers currently 😂

19 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

George Hunter was a wild punt even compared to anyone at the likes of Brechin. 

Hunter hadn't even reached the Spartans first time. 

Although I guess he wasn't signed for the first time at Saints either so not a direct comparison.

They said at the time that missing out ones likes Andy Robertson meant they wanted to take more punts like that, rather than waiting on youth players proving themselves more and having more attractive clubs after them.

20 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

All the talk about boring unattractive football from other premiership club fans is magnificent.

I don’t think I’ve seen a team play attractive entertaining football in this league for years.

Said it a million times. I’ve seen St Johnstone win three trophies and come up against Galatasaray playing boring football. 

I know what I’d rather.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Has Nicky Clark not been playing before last weekend? Always thought he'd score goals at the top flight.

Been crocked since about February or March.

The 4-0 loss to St Mirren was his first game back.

Some sympathy MacLean never got to use him as he generally has tied things together when hes played, but hes probably would've just got overplayed and injured again anyway. Hopefully preventing perma-crocks happening is something Levein/Kirk can sort.

13 hours ago, perthsaints99 said:

Said it a million times. I’ve seen St Johnstone win three trophies and come up against Galatasaray playing boring football. 

I know what I’d rather.

One trophy.

You've seen St Johnstone win one trophy.

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Looked dead on their feet after 70 mins. 🤷‍♂️

Heard a lot of similar comments. Seriously wondering what type of training we were doing as we’ve looked tired for the last 20 almost every match 

Progress in some players is remarkable. Smiths looked incredible in the last 2 games and we're starting to see him probe passes at defences, he'll miss a lot, but sometimes he wont. Thatll be massive to lessen the load on Carey.

We're definitely at a point now where its all about ironing out creases rather than trying to find the bedsheet.