Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’ve had to drive from Glenrothes several times ,if they want to go enough ,they’ll get a ticket, or ask a local to pick one up,there’s plenty ways and means 

Utter nonsense, nobody should be having to prove they want to go enough. Some people might not know at this stage if they can go. The stand won’t be sold out, it’s ridiculous there’s no option to pay on the day, almost as ridiculous as Dundee’s archaic insistence on only being able to purchase a physical ticket. 

8 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Mind that time Danny McNamara went back to Millwall and a hero emerged from the shadows. 

We can but hope. 

Not inconceivable that same hero returns.....

I think Levein will have known Wigan would potentially recall him and he'll have been actively working on a solution.

I'd put good money on the bulk of the players we bring in being players familiar with the league, certainly the defensive ones.

There is a small part of me that makes me wonder if Levein liking a big powerful forward and Nouble clearly not happy at Livi might make for some kind of deal to be done. Clearly we won't pay a fee, but could do a PCA potentially....

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Utter nonsense, nobody should be having to prove they want to go enough. Some people might not know at this stage if they can go. The stand won’t be sold out, it’s ridiculous there’s no option to pay on the day, almost as ridiculous as Dundee’s archaic insistence on only being able to purchase a physical ticket. 

How many teams sell on the day? We certainly don’t when the away end is sold out,I’ve been to all but Ross County away,and couldn’t buy a ticket on the day 

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

7 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

There's no way we're getting the Bellshill Cafu or Nouble. 

Yeah its just delusion. 

Far more likely we sign Andy Halliday and some Ikpeazu-like lump.

Absolute certainty to sign for Hibs in 6 months. 

Arguably our best player this season? Yet i still didnt think he was what we needed at LWB as he couldnt beat a man 1v1. Preferred him at LCB tbh as it gave you someone getting forward from there. Hope that logic makes sense.

Left side of defence will almost definitely be one of the areas where one of the "3 deals almost done" will be, you'd hope.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute certainty to sign for Hibs in 6 months. 

Arguably our best player this season? Yet i still didnt think he was what we needed at LWB as he couldnt beat a man 1v1. Preferred him at LCB tbh as it gave you someone getting forward from there. Hope that logic makes sense.

Left side of defence will almost definitely be one of the areas where one of the "3 deals almost done" will be, you'd hope.

Surely, I’d imagine the clubs expected this since the start of last month. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Surely, I’d imagine the clubs expected this since the start of last month. 

Someone on the Wigan forum saying it was discussed at the Wigan end, with Robinson, on the 21st of December. So guess Saints would have known about the meeting at least a week before that?

Still got the fear we'll get Andy Halliday.

7 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

How many teams sell on the day? We certainly don’t when the away end is sold out,I’ve been to all but Ross County away,and couldn’t buy a ticket on the day 

You can get a ticket at both Motherwell and Kilmarnock on the day. People I went to these games with did exactly that. I’d no reason to do that as was able to buy one electronically when knew could attend. You can also pay at the gate in the East Stand at McDiarmid (we don’t publicise this though for some reason). 

We will take a decent support to Dens as always but the away end won’t be sold out, only time that’s happened was at Challenge Cup final or the game we won 1-0 towards end of 2008/09 league winning season.

Aye the away stand holds about 3000, and we've sold just over 1600.

The fact Dundee have made it near impossible for fans outside Perth to attend, almost a week before the game, before payday, and just days after Christmas, is dreadful.

58 minutes ago, supersaint44 said:

Kerr Smith on Loan potentially.

Right footed but been playing LCB.

Seems very raw, and rash, so I'm not convinced he should be coming straight into the starting line up tbh. Clearly has potential but we won't see him reach it here.