Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

What's happened to Cammy Ballantyne is he injured at the moment?

Don't believe so Mo mate. 

Played away to Killie last season pre split and he played very well. Many fans were loving him. 

Played under MacLean in the league cup this season where it went poorly for him and the rest and he didn't feature again. That's been it for him. Although it's the only position we look "good" in as well.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

47 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Can’t help but notice Danny Wilson and Sam Nicholson have been released from Colorado Rapids. 

Noticed that too, hard to believe Wilson is 32, Nicholson used to be really quick, he’d be a good signing, but out of our pay scale  probably 

7 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Seeing online that Livi are after Halliday so that might be one bullet dodged.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-31781164?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Apparently a non-starter for Livi  I did wonder how they would afford his wages when Martindale claims he’s shopping in Primark! I would imagine Halliday is still on decent wages at Hearts. 

7 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Seeing online that Livi are after Halliday so that might be one bullet dodged.

The Twitter account posting that seems to just come on here, find rumours, and then either posts it direct or adds bits onto that. 

I know it's only a loan and he's been injured a lot and that he's pretty much done with you lads, but Spartans is a much bigger drop for Callum Booth than I'd have expected.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know it's only a loan and he's been injured a lot and that he's pretty much done with you lads, but Spartans is a much bigger drop for Callum Booth than I'd have expected.

Yes and no.

I think hes virtually missed 24 months of football, and in that time hes had surgery on both achilles and his groin.

I imagine any pace he had is virtually entirely gone now.

47 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Presumably carries over? I don’t think player contracts have much to do with it, unless it expires and the player leaves for free, of course. 

Price of Football podcast covered this a few weeks ago. Concensus seems to be it depends transfer to transfer, but if you’ve got decent negotiators at the selling club you’d push to make sure they are for length of time the player is at club not length of contract.

9 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Price of Football podcast covered this a few weeks ago. Concensus seems to be it depends transfer to transfer, but if you’ve got decent negotiators at the selling club you’d push to make sure they are for length of time the player is at club not length of contract.

Well that’s that fucked then

27 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Another dreadful contract dished out by CD. 

Absolutely fucked our club for years.

Im still convinced Davidson thought everyone could play at a high level until 35/36 just because he did. So in his head a 3yr deal for a 30yo was good long term planning.

28 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

That is a good podcast. I couldn’t remember what was said about it.

Did Preston do a deal to avoid paying a sell on fee in the Stevie May deal? 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

2 minutes ago, derektaylor84 said:

That is a good podcast. I couldn’t remember what was said about it.

Did Preston do a deal to avoid paying a sell on fee in the Stevie May deal? 

Fees reported by papers are...

St Johnstone - Sheffield Wednesday - £800k

Sheffield Wednesday - Preston - £800k

Preston - Aberdeen - £300k

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fees reported by papers are...

St Johnstone - Sheffield Wednesday - £800k

Sheffield Wednesday - Preston - £800k

Preston - Aberdeen - £300k

I think Saints had a sell on for £1m plus.