Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

You are not wrong , that left foot of his is awesome 2 goals today 1 an absolute worldly just like his worldly last week ,some talent the boy has 

he has come on leaps and bounds here improving at a stellar pace . check out his goals on our youtube channel .

https://www.youtube.com/@AlloaAthleticFCTV

What kind of role/position has he been playing? Off the right?

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What kind of role/position has he been playing? Off the right?

right wing and central . wicked left foot ,cuts in from the right and curls them in 

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

fed up niles GIF

Wait until next season, when Phillips is gone and the entire team is built to allow Connor Smith and Max Kucheriavyi to start.

Gallacher, Booth, Montgomery, Considine, Carey, Robinson, Wright, Fransyk, Brown, Keltjens, Olufunwa, Jaiyesmi, McGowan, Costelloe and now Matt Smith. I reckon 15 different players used as wing backs in the last 14 months or so. 

Edited by nelsjfc

Connor Smith looks to be another nonentity of a footballer.  Not necessarily shocking, just as in what does he actually bring?

Doesnt beat players, isn’t especially quick, doesn’t win the ball back a lot, haven’t seen much crossing or good passing from him.  Just another body to fill a jersey.

Probably not fair to assess him after a match v rangers, but I had to sit through it so I’m going to. He’s not shown much on any other occasion I’ve seen him so far either unfortunately.

Max taking his passing backwards at all costs to a new level today with that masterpiece.

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nicky Clark has to start next week. 

Suspect they've decided, much like Sprangler, that because hes not sprinting about all over the place then hes not worth playing. So itll just be odd appearances when chasing games that we'll see him.

Suspect Kimpioka gets a lone start next week with Kucheriavyi replacing Connor Smith, and the rest being fairly similar.

Edited by RandomGuy.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect they've decided, much like Sprangler, that because hes not sprinting about all over the place then hes not worth playing. So itll just be odd appearances when chasing games that we'll see him.

Suspect Kimpioka gets a lone start next week with Kucheriavyi replacing Connor Smith, and the rest being fairly similar.

Aye, nailed on. Getting a bit exhausting now. 

Edited by PSJ.84

If that was a Callum side, there’d be so many people Calling for his sacking. I just can’t keep watching Levein thinking tactically it’s an improvement. We’ll be hunting for a new manager in 12 months calling it now. 

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

If that was a Callum side, there’d be so many people Calling for his sacking. I just can’t keep watching Levein thinking tactically it’s an improvement. We’ll be hunting for a new manager in 12 months calling it now. 

Nah thats where i am.

A Rangers side unable to play at any tempo and struggling with the pitch, and we never threatened them at all.

Entire gameplan every week is about staying in the game as long as possible, seeing if someone flukes a goal, and accepting a draw if that doesnt happen.

Genuinely think we're almost exactly where we were 12 months ago in terms of points and form.

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Maybe just me but I thought it okay for the most part. 

In that it was a fairly tight game, yes and had it not been for VAR correcting the incompetent referee it might’ve stayed at 1-0 a while longer. But we have zero threat going forward and were never going to score.