Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

If the new owner removes the TV’s from the East Stand that have been there since 1989, I’ll not be back. Part of our heritage. 

I still remember very grainy soccer Saturday footage in 2007. Can’t remember seeing it on any point afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Hold on. We spent £300,000 on transfer fees between May 2022 and May 2023?

Come on, someone just spit it out who this momentual f**k up was regarding.

Thats what i read from this part? 

Screenshot_20240223_152924_Microsoft365(Office).jpg.5b0d94877e5ab4651c84bc4cb54772cc.jpg

Last paragraph below talks about taking more control over money spent on cross border compensation. So only Dan Phillips and Bobby Dailly are potential there, with Nicky Clark also costing a fee.

Top paragraph shows wage change between seasons @SJFCtheTeamForMe

Screenshot_20240223_152853_Microsoft365(Office).thumb.jpg.7385a5742e1fb2169ca80fec3d194555.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Following the speculation a couple of months ago, I'd be willing to bet a fair amount on the identity of this player. However, I'll wait for Callum Davidson and/or the bold Flax to provide a bit of further clarity.

If any 'pundit' on Sportsound reading this could question him about it the next time he's chatting shit about Saints on the radio, that would be great thanks.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thats what i read from this part? 

Screenshot_20240223_152924_Microsoft365(Office).jpg.5b0d94877e5ab4651c84bc4cb54772cc.jpg

Last paragraph below talks about taking more control over money spent on cross border compensation. So only Dan Phillips and Bobby Dailly are potential there, with Nicky Clark also costing a fee.

Top paragraph shows wage change between seasons @SJFCtheTeamForMe

Screenshot_20240223_152853_Microsoft365(Office).thumb.jpg.7385a5742e1fb2169ca80fec3d194555.jpg

Aye, plus, given it is a rounded number, its not converted from Euros for example, so cross border transfer fee means to England. If we ended up paying a fee for Phillips, then not horrific business. But, if as folk are eluding to, it was Dailly, then wow. 

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Could that be Cammy MacPherson after his initial loan deal ?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Could that be Cammy MacPherson after his initial loan deal ?

We signed him permanently in January of the previous season. 

Fees spent in 21/22 were just £250k, so he would part of that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 21/02/2024 at 09:04, Fifespud said:

During all our financial issues Sainties fans have continually held the Dundee supporters culpable, that we somehow looked the other way because we were desperate for success.

By this logic you should be up at the McDiarmid with your pitchforks demanding answers.

If anyone thinks Geoff Brown is going to leave a single penny behind that the new owners could asset strip they are totally deluded. He will take the lot, shirt, simmet and drawers, and you can easily see how he would think he's entitled to.

You've posted some shite in your time Spuddy,  but fucking hell, this might be worse than anything even that Dundee1992 dafty has come up with.🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Radford said:

We spent money on Nicky Clark? not that much surely. Instalments from previous deals?

Accounts say £550k spent in the previous 2 seasons.

We definitely spent money on John Mahon, Cammy MacPherson, Theo Bair and Nicky Clark. Potentially spent on Bobby Dailly, Dan Phillips and Ali Crawford too.

Its not a great reading.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Ridiculous. We could have purchased a couple of Jordan Whites for that sort of money.

Or a Jason Kerr.

On the relegation thread, our semi final victory over hearts in 1998 came up.  Got me thinking about the best Saints teams of all time.

I didn’t see Ormond’s team, but they would obviously be up there. And there are probably Saints teams from further back that should be in the conversation. But which Saints teams would you include, and rank them in order:

Tommy Wrights 2014 Cup winners. Finished sixth that season, LC semi-finalists. Went on a run of 5 or 6(?) successive European campaigns.

Willie Ormond’s late 60’s-early 70’s team. Finished 3rd in top division the season after being LC finalists. First Saints team to play in Europe and smelled the mighty Hamburgers of Germany.

The Double winners. Callum Davidson’s young guns of 2020-21.

Sandy Clark’s 1998 team. Finished 3rd in the league, LC finalists and SC semi-finalists. Qualified for Europe and drew with the mighty Monaco.

Totten’s McDiarmid musketeers. Probably more debatable, but won the old first division at a canter then for a few months of the following season went toe to toe with Scottish footballs big guns of the time:- A run of matches that went: Aberdeen (H)5-0, Celtic (A)0-0, Hearts (A) 3-2, Rangers (H) 0-0, Dundee United (A) 2-1. SC semi-finalists. For about a year (1990 ish) this team was brilliant. Still the most exciting Saints team I think I’ve seen.

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We definitely spent money on John Mahon, Cammy MacPherson, Theo Bair and Nicky Clark. Potentially spent on Bobby Dailly, Dan Phillips and Ali Crawford too.

It’s not a great reading.

Dan Cleary a Bosman? Can’t actually remember and can’t be bothered looking if I’m being totally honest. 

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Dan Cleary a Bosman? Can’t actually remember and can’t be bothered looking if I’m being totally honest. 

He was. Think we tried to pay a fee in August and got told no. 

We had a deal lined up for Cleary in the August but Davidson in his infinite wisdom didn't want a bloated squad so let it drop. We of course then lost Kerr on deadline day and signed a decrepit Efe Ambrose after the window closed instead. 

Accounts also say they estimate we lost around £2.5m due to covid.

In an alternative universe theres currently a St Johnstone who won the double in front of fans, raking in that money, while also beating LASK and getting the millions from the Conference League.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Accounts also say they estimate we lost around £2.5m due to covid.

In an alternative universe theres currently a St Johnstone who won the double in front of fans, raking in that money, while also beating LASK and getting the millions from the Conference League.

If only Davidson had spent the summer actually preparing after the double. Instead of fucking about expecting a big job from England to land in his lap.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not a great reading.

Also had to pay money for William Sandford from AIK Gothenberg on 1 year contract as he was 20 year old.

Him and Dailly would be the bulk of the money in current accounts hence the comments regarding cross border transfers.