Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

That’s one realistic Craig Levein mask Callum Davidson is wearing. 

Its awful. Im still convinced its actually worse than it was for the most part under Davidson in terms of style of play.

The squads a spineless rabble but hes done nothing to help them. Why he thinks allowing opponents wave after wave of possession is the best approach when managing a confidence sapped shitebag outfit is best i dunno. Like we dont even try and get up the park with any form of plan, its like they have no idea what to do with the ball.

What I can't work out is why the f**k after they started getting results they thought "let's not to do that anymore. Less stop playing football in midfield and pressing whatsoever and hope for a goal on the break against the run of play". 

They were getting results!!!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What I can't work out is why the f**k after they started getting results they thought "let's not to do that anymore. Less stop playing football in midfield and pressing whatsoever and hope for a goal on the break against the run of play". 

Maybe Leveins meeting with the doctors prospective new owner didn’t go as well as he hoped and he’s downed tools? 

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Because it worked before the break.

How many goals have we actually scored from open play, and our own build up, since Levein came in at the start of November?

Majority come from set plays then the Hibs mistake for Careys winner that day. 

2 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

What a week ahead, strap yourselves in. 

Not outrageous to suggest we could be bottom this time next week. 

A lot to be worried about but my biggest concern is level of signing in January .  A real feel of "f**k it, let's have a punt" about them.

Three years and we're still playing a formation with wing backs without any actual wingback available. 

Awful. There's just nothing positive to take from that at all. Why would we loan out Kane when the other options are what they are? Can't get my head around that at all, at least he's a different kind of option and gets us up the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

A lot to be worried about but my biggest concern is level of signing in January .  A real feel of "f**k it, let's have a punt" about them.

Three years and we're still playing a formation with wing backs without any actual wingback available. 

It is pretty outrageous if Livvy get 8 points in 2 games.

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

Pedantic, I know, but the gap is 7 points so I’d say it is outrageous. 

😄

We’ll be bottom two though. 

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because it worked before the break.

How many goals have we actually scored from open play, and our own build up, since Levein came in at the start of November?

Majority come from set plays then the Hibs mistake for Careys winner that day. 

There's been a clear change in how they've gone about it though. Carey deep being one of them. 

They've stopped playing out repeatedly from Mitov to Gordon from goal kicks - which is probably a good thing though!

They make quite a considerable effort in home games against Hibs and Aberdeen playing a lot of one touch, passes around the corner in tight areas around half way etc. Now we just lump the ball down the line. We've got quick guys so let's just fire it up to them to chase 🤦‍♂️

it didn't always work well either but it had direction and intent - you could see what they were at least trying to do. Now we've became incredibly passive just hoping something will happen without trying to actually make something happen. We've made ourselves incredibly easy to play against. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's been a clear change in how they've gone about it though. Carey deep. 

They've stopped playing out repeatedly from Mitov to Gordon from goal kicks - which is probably a good thing though!

They make quite a considerable effort in home games against Hibs and Aberdeen playing a lot of one touch, passes around the corner in tight areas around half way etc. Now we just lump the ball down the line. We've got quick guys so let's just fire it up to them to chase 🤦‍♂️

it didn't always work well either but it had direction and intent - you could see what they were at least trying to do. Now we've became incredibly passive just hoping something will happen without trying to actually make something happen. We've made ourselves incredibly easy to play against. 

I genuinely think its just stopped coming off and the players have responded to them by shriveling up into their shells and taking the easier option of hoofing it. Instead of doing anything to combat that we just set up as if they are still being brave and it leads to the huge disconnect in the middle.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Next 2 games are season defining. Aberdeen and Livingston.

Lose both and we're fucked.

Without the awful arithmetic, this was the point I was trying to make.