Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Surely Franczak still has a few years? Do we not give young players contracts until they're 18?

Steven has been offered a deal apparently, would be very happy if he signs that and it sounds like he will.

Kane I'd let go now that we know Sidibeh and Kimpioka are up to it. Sidibeh is as much a pain in the arse but scores more, he isn't as good holding it up but who cares? He's chaos and it's fun.

Gordon and Wright I'd keep but try to upgrade on.

I remember it used to be fearing the end of the season because of who we might lose, under TW we didn't have a huge turnover of players if I recall correctly. This time I honestly can't remember seeing so many names that I would so happily gtf.

Guys like Smith and Olufanwa should be easy enough to move back down south like Jephcott did, maybe McClelland as well but he seemed to do okay out on loan?

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I remember it used to be fearing the end of the season because of who we might lose, under TW we didn't have a huge turnover of players if I recall correctly. This time I honestly can't remember seeing so many names that I would so happily gtf.

Guys like Smith and Olufanwa should be easy enough to move back down south like Jephcott did, maybe McClelland as well but he seemed to do okay out on loan?

Yanited fans seemed to rate him so I'd be happy to have him back in the squad tbh

Keep McGowan as backup, Wright too & we better already have Taylor Steven signed up.

Everyone else should go.

Get back to a normal squad size/wages and we should be able to complete financially with St Mirren/Motherwell level.

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

Keep McGowan as backup, Wright too & we better already have Taylor Steven signed up.

Everyone else should go.

Get back to a normal squad size/wages and we should be able to complete financially with St Mirren/Motherwell level.

Finally shot of the last remnants of Davidson's spending spree so that should help bigstyle

1 minute ago, GorbalsMags said:

Finally shot of the last remnants of Davidson's spending spree so that should help bigstyle

Thank god. So much dross signed by that buffoon and we're finally going to be free of it. 

maybe we can finally star signing players who are in the ascendancy of their career and ready to test at a higher level rather than proven failures who seem to have lost motivation and just need one sucker of a club to give them a final payday before they drop into part time football

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

maybe we can finally star signing players who are in the ascendancy of their career and ready to test at a higher level rather than proven failures who seem to have lost motivation and just need one sucker of a club to give them a final payday before they drop into part time football

Two most significant players keeping us up this season from absolutely wee guys from the lower reaches of England. That's what we should be aiming for.

Keep:- Mitov, Sinclair, Wright, Keltjens, Gordon, McGowan, Sidibeh, Kimpioka, Clark, Sprangler, Franz, Carey. If the terms are agreeable.

Phillips by all accounts is away. MacPherson is guaranteed being offered a contract. Levein has talked him up and he played decent in 2 of the final 3 matches so I’ll be shocked if levein doesn’t succumb to that recency bias. Expect May will stay on but would like another target man type as well. Feel Kane has had his time here.

Don’t renew/ try to move on:- Kane, Gallacher, Booth, Considine, Maclelland, C Smith, M Smith, Ballantyne, Richards, Olufunwa, Kucheriayvi, Crawford, DJ.

Obviously not going to happen with a few of those on the release list under contract, but just what I’d do if it was a blank canvas.

5 minutes ago, GorbalsMags said:

Two most significant players keeping us up this season from absolutely wee guys from the lower reaches of England. That's what we should be aiming for.

Imagine telling someone 12 months ago our two best signings would be from Cambridge United and Warrington Rylands, and we wouldn't be relegated.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm not a fan but it pains me to say it. 

He's MILES better than Max. 

They're completely different players but Cammy has more grit to him and replaced Sven well when he got crocked. I've been sympathetic to him since the mid/end of last season and thought he developed into a fine squad player.

Edited by GorbalsMags

1 minute ago, GorbalsMags said:

They're completely different players but Cammy has more grit to him and replaced Sven well when he got crocked. I've been sympathetic to him since the mid/end of last season and thought he developed into a fine squad player.

Played well today.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Broughty said:

Played well today.

I think some folk have never moved on from the, shall we say, ropey start he had at the club and the fact we paid 6 figures for him. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if we kept him on another year.

Edited by GorbalsMags

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm not a fan but it pains me to say it. 

He's MILES better than Max. 

This is true, and Connor Smith, though MacPherson will probably be on a lot more money. Could see someone like Motherwell going for MacPherson with them losing Spittal. 

I think Max would benefit from dropping down a league. Wonder if Falkirk would buy out his contract and we could let him go with a release clause in case it clicks for him and they eventually sell him on.

MacPhersons issue is he's been here 3 years and never put a run of good performances together. 

He's more likely to be crocked for another 5 months next season than he is to perform well enough to justify taking that risk.

We'll need a smaller squad with every player justifying their money next season, will he do that?