Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Nobody at Saints is available to put it out, they had one look at the list and are now partying in the Maltings.

I'll do it.

Now this season is over, at last we can look forward to a fresh start.

This must have been the most frustrating season I can remember for a long time.

I look forward to many wins and many goals.

2 hours ago, Broughty said:

Now this season is over, at last we can look forward to a fresh start.

This must have been the most frustrating season I can remember for a long time.

I look forward to many wins and many goals.

Aye, my stupid optimism has hit and convinced me that with us having one of the best keepers in the league in Mitov, and Sidibeh/Kimpioka up front, we could be the "dark horse" team in the league next season by simply having a functional defence and midfield and a basic, simple, set up.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, my stupid optimism has hit and convinced me that with us having one of the best keepers in the league in Mitov, and Sidibeh/Kimpioka up front, we could be the "dark horse" team in the league next season by simply having a functional defence and midfield and a basic, simple, set up.

To be fair, having a good solid keeper is a great foundation for Levein or any manager to build on. For all that Sidebeh and Kimpioka are both all about pace, they are very different kind of strikers, as is Clark and May, so up front we have a good mix of options.

If we assume Sven stays, there will be plenty of good quality midfielders we can bring in and to be honest, as much as Matt Smith fristraits, we get 2/3 good quality players around him, there is a very capable player in there. Defence is going to be our hardest area to recruit for. Most options will either be at the start or end of their career and those in the middle are probably priced our for us, unless, the new owner creates a decent enough budget for it. You'd also assume Levein can spot a defender more that Macca or Liam could.

For me, the grounds for optimism are that with a new owner should come a new freshness to the club. Even if finances stayed much the same, just having someone with a bit more initiative in and around the club should lift the whole place.

Edited by Theyellowbox

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, my stupid optimism has hit and convinced me that with us having one of the best keepers in the league in Mitov,

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

To be fair, having a good solid keeper is a great foundation for Levein or any manager to build on.

I don’t like to piss on anyone’s chips, but I have heard that Mitov is keen to move on this summer while his star is in the ascendancy.

I can’t see us standing in his way. 

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I don’t like to piss on anyone’s chips, but I have heard that Mitov is keen to move on this summer while his star is in the ascendancy.

Yeah that wouldn't be a surprise really, or unfair for him to do. He'll have earned a move.

Wonder if they trust Sinclair enough? 

Could they trust Sinclair after his injury so soon? 

I like him but asking him to jump in so soon without strong competition in the position is asking for trouble. 

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd have no issue if an offer was reasonable. Sexy b*****d of a man.

Yeah. If anyone deserves a chance to move then it's Mitov. He's been great and there's a very real chance that we'd have been down or at least solidly in the playoff spot without him.

Posted (edited)

From his perspective it makes complete sense.

Does he stay around in the hope of a better squad around him and risk another relegation season. If it is another poor season for the club he risks missing the best chance of a big move and for what? 

Fairly simple choice for him really. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

From his perspective it makes complete sense.

Does he stay around in the hope of a better squad around him and risk another relegation season then just having to hope his reputation is as high as it is now and risk having to find another move after a relegation or move now if a good opportunity comes? 

Fairly simple choice for him really. 

Could see Celtic going for him, and you getting Bain.  

Edited by Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Could see Celtic going for him, and you getting Bain.  

Bain will be our only senior keeper shortly and because of the European home grown rules too I can't see us shifting him. Being 2nd/3rd choice keeper is an easy spot to fill for it 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Let me revise.  Could see Celtic going for him.  

They probably should but won't. The fans would rather they spend £3-4 million on someone from Parma or somewhere. 

I mean if he goes to Celtic, can we get Seigrest in return? I know he’s not played a lot recently but he knows the league and isn’t a total punt since you know what he can actually do. 

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Season tickets on sale.

£50 increase?

Nice to get them early and with a decent video.