Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

@RandomGuy. Hurry up and get a summer transfer thread going. It's now tradition.

I've too much going on at nights to do that.

Good age, good experience and Notts County captain who plays left back and left centre back. 

on paper looks an ideal fit for us. Hopefully a good player

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Good age, good experience and Notts County captain who plays left back and left centre back. 

on paper looks an ideal fit for us. Hopefully a good player

And all it needed was me saying such a signing couldn't happen to tempt the universe into making me wrong.

Delightful.

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I'll enjoy this for a few minutes before the Notts County fans start offering their opinions.

For what little my opinions worth, considering I've only watched small bits of him, hes seems very much like what I remember of Jamie McCart.

We'd probably need a proper brute/dominating CB to pair with him though, not sure if Sanders/McClelland could be that?

Say what you like about Levein, he's very good at identifying the types of players we need. Looks like a player who'll make a back 5 tick in a way it hasn't since Kerr left with RandomGuy's radar. 

If the Cameron signing turns out to be true, I presume he'll be in pole position to be the new captain, since he has experience in that area for Notts County.

39 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was just reading that and trying to work out what they meant by it?!

Probably like most footballers, some of the fans rate him and some hate him. 

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Probably like most footballers, some of the fans rate him and some hate him. 

Having gone down a bit of a twitter rabbit hole, seems like it’s mostly this.
He’s no longer the captain having recently been replaced. He seems to have had a bit of a set to with a fan back in feb and there’s a few tweets suggesting some sort of family drama involving his sister in law and an instagram post from his wife giving a bit back to boo boy fans. 

But there’s also way more fans sorry to see him go and thanking him for happy memories.

But realistically who cares, what’s gone before. If he signs for us, look forward to seeing what he’s like and he’ll hopefully be exactly what we’re looking for.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

In bed news apparently Perth has voted for the Tories.

We deserve relegation.

There's always been that danger. It was a Tory stronghold for decades before Roseanna Cunningham. 

Shite if it happens though.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

There's always been that danger. It was a Tory stronghold for decades before Roseanna Cunningham. 

Shite if it happens though.

The farmers have all had Tory signs up so aye, was also half expecting it.