Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well aye, I never commented on the squad when the windows shut, so I've no idea why you're talking as if I did. I just think the squad as it is won't be good enough.

Ffs it's not going to be that squad though is it 

Ie more additions 

Players mentioned out on loan

Personally I'm loving the left field additions and the unexpected 

You have to admit CL has a vision and an eye for a Player

Can he make them gel 

Million dollars question

I'm excited at the prospect even if I'm the only one 😂 

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The season starts on Saturday. Not at the end of August.

No denying that  but the players and squad will be different by probably 2 late additions as the window comes to a close and players go out on loan

The team that starts on Saturday will be a bit different to the team that starts against Aberdeen I think 

33 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Ffs it's not going to be that squad though is it 

Ie more additions 

I KNOW

Geoff Brown will be looked back on as probably the most important man in the clubs modern history. 

Thank you to him. Without Geoff, I’d have never known a huge part of my life. 

Not your boy here fighting back tears reading Geoff's open letter. 

What an incredible job he's done for us over the span of my lifetime, what we've achieved latterly is really beyond my wildest dreams and have to feel his stewardship through the tough years allowed us to get there when things were looking up. 

He's a St Johnstone legend but also a Scottish football one too, one I don't think Saints will be lucky enough to see the likes of again (although I'm sure Adam Webb will give it his all and clearly has Geoff's seal of approval). 

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not your boy here fighting back tears reading Geoff's open letter. 

What an incredible job he's done for us over the span of my lifetime, what we've achieved latterly is really beyond my wildest dreams and have to feel his stewardship through the tough years allowed us to get there when things were looking up. 

He's a St Johnstone legend but also a Scottish football one too, one I don't think Saints will be lucky enough to see the likes of again (although I'm sure Adam Webb will give it his all and clearly has Geoff's seal of approval). 

Aye, no Geoff, no St Johnstone. 

I know RandomGuy and some others hate this, but Saints today are light years ahead of Saints in the mid eighties.  And it's all down to Geoff Brown.  His business acumen was one thing and brilliant.  But his record in appointing managers was incredible. What a man indeed.

A resurfaced carpark means one thing. 

tailgate parties. 
Get the mulled wine oot.

I liked the statement. No pissing about. Knows what he wants to do but firstly acknowledged he’s walking into a club which is in a good place. Which doesn’t always happen with takeovers. 
With that in mind, we owe it all to Geoff. What a man. What a legend. The club is what it is because of him. 
A club that can win. 

Screenshot_20240708_125616_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a3b9e35e074055a1cc6513a78d11b26e.jpg

He just gets it. A real shame this is happening at a low ebb, which might put everything back a few years, though.

On the playing side of things, it seem that Webb wants us to become a regular top six European side in the coming years.

That's pretty much exactly what we were before Callum Davidson and Flax ran us into the ground. Shame. If that whole debacle hadn't occurred, the open letter would probably be setting out his ambitions for a title challenge.