Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

My wife got genuinely excited when she read this, thought it was Jamie Dornan. .
Thought the documentary was based on our football strips over the last 25 years. 50 shades of blue.

We've got Cocks to showcase right enough.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-scottish-football-euros-podcast/id129625085?i=1000662941000

I thought this was a good episode about Saints. Review of last season and previewing the upcoming season.

www.youtube.com/@derektaylor84

Watched a fair bit of Hearts B highlights last season when it was rumoured we were looking to bring in Mackenzie Kirk. Looks to be very technical, prefers running in behind or dropping in as opposed holding off a centreback or winning an aerial duel. 

Never got much of a sniff at Hamilton but I'd imagine that's because he's not really suited to playing as the lone striker.

Number 10 in the below. 

Reckon you'll be trying to move on any of your strikers after signing Kirk?

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Watched a fair bit of Hearts B highlights last season when it was rumoured we were looking to bring in Mackenzie Kirk. Looks to be very technical, prefers running in behind or dropping in as opposed holding off a centreback or winning an aerial duel. 

Never got much of a sniff at Hamilton but I'd imagine that's because he's not really suited to playing as the lone striker.

Number 10 in the below. 

Reckon you'll be trying to move on any of your strikers after signing Kirk?

Stevie May is the favourite to be leaving.

Cameron out injured until weekend but McClelland fine for Alloa

Ryan Esson - Interim GK Coach.

Levein looks likely to get experienced No.2 GK to allow Sinclair and/or Hepburn out on loan.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5043369/st-johnstone-goalkeeper-ryan-esson/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

1 hour ago, supersaint44 said:

Cameron out injured until weekend but McClelland fine for Alloa

Ryan Esson - Interim GK Coach.

Levein looks likely to get experienced No.2 GK to allow Sinclair and/or Hepburn out on loan.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/5043369/st-johnstone-goalkeeper-ryan-esson/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Any coincidence with Esson being "Interim" and the manager looking to bring in an experienced GK?

Could they also end up being doubling up as the goalkeeping coach... 

Saints have had success with that a couple of times in the past. 

I Like it!

I'd encourage the same, pack it out but I also can't sensibly encourage anyone to pay £27 on a Monday night. 

Also, can I just say. f**k you sky sports with your Monday night pish also. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

15 minutes ago, philpy said:

Stevie may to us (raith) Is doing the rounds apparently. 

Are you needing a link-up, dropping deep, drift out wide left kind of centre forward?

I imagine it'd be a loan. Unless Raith were to offer him a 2 year deal or something 🤷‍♂️ can't see him walking away from the wage without something to tempt him like a 2 year deal. 

10 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I Like it!

I'd encourage the same, pack it out but I also can't sensibly encourage anyone to pay £27 on a Monday night. 

Also, can I just say. f**k you sky sports with your Monday night pish also. 

Well deserved.

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

This is absolutely brutal. We’ve managed to sign players I dislike even more than Cammy MacPherson. 

He's giving it a good go to prove you wrong, tbf. Remarkable how often he loses the ball if you apply any pressure to him.

Alloa are a good side so I'm not too bothered the young attackers are struggling tbh, but it is showing up how we can't rely on them all.

It had completely passed me by that Dick Campbell is manager at East Fife these days. 

Had a look at their starting 11, lots of seasoned pros in there.

They are the form team and must be favourites to win this group right now.