Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

No idea if there's any truth to it, but a Jambo who lives near me said that we're trying to sign / Hearts are trying to dump us with both Lewis Neilson and Aidan Denholm..... 

Like Neilson I've not seen much of Denholm to make any judgement of my own whether I think he's good enough or not but...

If he is a step up from the likes of Mcpake and Smith then f**k it. Get him in. 

Although I will say I think the Hearts fan is semi incorrect. I believe the rule is you can only sign one player at a time on loan from the same Premiership club... @RandomGuy.correct?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

If we end up signing Neilson and Denholm, having already signed Connor Smith and mhak Kirk, we are as well re-registering in the lowland league as Hearts B team.

If this is the genuine solution of signing aspirations for Levein, after Alloa game, when it's glaringly obvious that experienced, quality and ready to slot into starting 11 players are what's desparately needed, then it sounds loud alarm bells for Stan Harris and Mr Webb, surely...

4 minutes ago, Tattie-bogle said:

jason fucking Holt ...is this where we are?  Might as well continue on with the carpark resurfacing and cover over the stadium 

If that's deemed a low level what was the signing of Saunders, Rae & Mcpake? 😬

24 minutes ago, Tattie-bogle said:

jason fucking Holt ...is this where we are?  Might as well continue on with the carpark resurfacing and cover over the stadium 

Aye cos the rest of our summer signings have been top fucking drawer eh?

It's probably more of an indication of where we are rather than any kind of positive comment about the player, but Holt would improve that midfield massively. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It's probably more of an indication of where we are rather than any kind of positive comment about the player, but Holt would improve that midfield massively. 

Exactly this. Paul Paton would improve that midfield massively. Alan Mahood wouldn’t make it any worse.  

Jason Holt in next to Sprangler would free up Carey, Essel, Smith etc. it's not that Jason Holt is a brilliant midfielder, he's a competent one at this level. It's more we wouldn't need to play all those god awful others out of position in there. He's also not with a club...

Edited by tree house tam

Jason Holt hasn't been written off previously, is considered a top flight player, and would be an obvious one to help, so I imagine he'll be deemed too expensive while we shell out fees for unproven 20yo strikers.

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Although I will say I think the Hearts fan is semi incorrect. I believe the rule is you can only sign one player at a time on loan from the same Premiership club... @RandomGuy.correct?

Aye think it's just 1 loan from the same division, and 2 from a club in a different division, but might be wrong as I've not looked for a while.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Killie had Liam Donnelly playing in centre mid last night, you don’t need brilliant footballers in their just guys who do the basics well and can get the ball to your attacking players quickly without taking loads of touches or constantly giving it away. 

5 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Killie had Liam Donnelly playing in centre mid last night, you don’t need brilliant footballers in their just guys who do the basics well and can get the ball to your attacking players quickly without taking loads of touches or constantly giving it away. 

Especially if we're gonna hoof it up the park and completely bypass the midfield anyway 😬

7 minutes ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

You need folk who win "duels", really. Probably "yer da" thinking but ive always thought if you control the midfield and you control the game. 

Sprangler is the only CM who goes into a 50/50 and you expect them to come out it with the ball for me. Essel will come out it with someone's shin, and the rest shitebag it.