Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably "yer da" thinking

Pretty much any coach worth their salt, impress upon players win your individual battles. If the majority of your players do that you win more games than you lose. Tommy Wright was a prime example of this. I’ve been at coaching conferences with presentations by top coaches and pretty much every one state you need to win your battles to earn the right to play the game the way you want. Accept this is the point you were making but we as a club we have gone away from this.

Hard work will always beat natural talent if natural talent doesn’t work hard 

3 years after the double, that's the last player involved in that squad heading out the door. An absolute masterclass in squad mismanagement. 

Not a single upgrade in the 1st 11 when comparing the teams then and now and no doubt a much higher wage bill. 

I can understand wanting May away, but its a weird interview wheres hes admitting hes letting a proven top flight player go because he needs to spend money getting proven ones in, while referencing the unproven player who he spent a transfer fee on to replace him.

Its a weird logic.

There’s 4 other names that should be gone before Stevie May. A half fit May has more about him than Macpherson, Dare, Smith (C) & Smith (M). 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I can understand wanting May away, but its a weird interview wheres hes admitting hes letting a proven top flight player go because he needs to spend money getting proven ones in, while referencing the unproven player who he spent a transfer fee on to replace him.

Its a weird logic.

“He’s too much influence in a dressing room I’m slowly losing.”

Just now, The Saintee said:

f**k off Levein and take Kirk with you.

Which one? The assistant or the nepo baby we paid money for when we're also pleading poverty? 

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There’s 4 other names that should be gone before Stevie May. A half fit May has more about him than Macpherson, Dare, Smith (C) & Smith (M). 

Aye but hes stapped the striking department full while we're short in numbers where they play.

A real shame this is how it ends for May, hopefully theres some form of actual send off though now the club seems more in tune with fans.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a weird logic.

It's simple - it is illogical, Levein is illogical and Levein's time is up.

Utterly clueless and I do wonder what level of input, or lack of input, Clelland has in the coaching staff - I suspect none as Levein's ego takes over any form of listening and discussing with Clelland. I'm sure Clelland is frustrated and angry at what he is witnessing at the hands of the chuckle brothers. Remember Clelland immediately brought ostracised players back in, instilled stability, tactics and players understanding their role when taking over from Macca.

Based on Levein's interview we can expext to see May ostracised again whilst Connor Smith, Josh McPake and Cammy McPherson and co carry on regardless. Absolute disgrace and Levein is killing this team. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Which one? The assistant or the nepo baby we paid money for when we're also pleading poverty? 

Both. Fucking 8th choice striker at Hearts. 

Worst bit is May is probably the best choice to partner Sidibeh or Kimpioka, as he is really good at finding space in channels and they could play more central, but we'll watch balls shelled towards Ikpeazu all season while they run like dogs into the corners instead.

4 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

It's simple - it is illogical, Levein is illogical and Levein's time is up.

Utterly clueless and I do wonder what level of input, or lack of input, Clelland has in the coaching staff - I suspect none as Levein's ego takes over any form of listening and discussing with Clelland. I'm sure Clelland is frustrated and angry at what he is witnessing at the hands of the chuckle brothers. Remember Clelland immediately brought ostracised players back in, instilled stability, tactics and players understanding their role when taking over from Macca.

Based on Levein's interview we can expext to see May ostracised again whilst Connor Smith, Josh McPake and Cammy McPherson and co carry on regardless. Absolute disgrace and Levein is killing this team. 

The game Clelland was in charge for was one of the few Saints games I’ve enjoyed over the last 3 years. 

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

MacPherson has remained while Wotherspoon and now May are let go.

Rightly or wrongly, fans are beginning to and will continue to, target the likes of him for being heartless shitebags stealing a wage while guys who genuinely get and care for the club are moved on.

I could get letting guys go if you look to build younger and better in the squad, but each of those listed above have neither the required ability or commitment and are perfect indicators of where it is going wrong at saints. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

Can sort of understand it, in terms of needing to shift a high earner, but still feel like Stevie May has something to offer this St. Johnstone team. I’m sure if it was a manager I had more faith in then it’d sit better with me. Correct decision or not, really not a fan of the way Levein has treated him since being appointed. 

First time in a decade there’ll be nobody in the squad who’s played in Europe with us? 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Can sort of understand it, in terms of needing to shift a high earner, but still feel like Stevie May has something to offer this St. Johnstone team.

It'll probably hit in 3 weeks when Clark is ruled out for 6 months, Sidibeh is sold to Middlesbrough, and Ikpeazu has a set back with his recovery.

Kimpioka and Kirk our only striking options until January. 

May wouldn't get in any other team in the Premiership.

Thank the guy for his past services and punt.

If May is your answer to your teams problems, you're in deep shit.

That is exactly where we will end up.

Too many tears have been shed for May, Wotherspoon and Kane as they came to the end of their use buy date. The latter 2 plying their trade south of the top league, soon to be joined in the nether regions of Scottish football by Stevie. All has beens. Thanks for the memories. 

Unfortunately what we are left with is a dinosaur of a Manager and a team put together by him that is not fit for purpose and heading for the nether regions.

Defeat against East Fife, after the Alloa loss, would be totally, and utterly, unacceptable.  

The new owner sang the praises of Levein before and during his takeover, but even he should be able to see that Levein could not manage himself, never mind a modern day football team.

52 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

May wouldn't get in any other team in the Premiership.

Thank the guy for his past services and punt.

If May is your answer to your teams problems, you're in deep shit.

He scored 10 goals in 22/23, then a few months after that season ended Levein came in, told him he wasn't his type of striker, and he's been getting almost forced out the club from then.

It's been public knowledge since January that Levein wants May out.

I'm not sure anyone is performing in those circumstances tbh.

There's also the problem of losing any good personality in the dressing room.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its a weird logic.

But it isn't is it? He needs proven premiership quality in other areas of the side as he currently has four, in his eyes, in Stevies position.

Managers gotta manage.