Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

There isn't a leader in that defence whatsoever. If there was we'd have won today and probably would have picked up points elsewhere earlier this season as well.

Maybe controversial but Liam Gordon makes a massive difference to that defence. Just someone prepared to attack the ball.

21 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Maybe controversial but Liam Gordon makes a massive difference to that defence. Just someone prepared to attack the ball.

A lamp post improves that defence at the moment because occasionally a set piece would hit it.

30 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Not controversial at all. I've thought that a few times this season.

I still believe it was the right time for him to go, for his own sake as much as anything else, but we badly miss him in defence.

This lot at the moment are a pale imitation of what he could bring to a game.

He plays like a player who didn't play a single minute in the league for Kilmarnock last season frankly. Looks ok but has a bit of the Brad McKay about him for me

Disappointed we couldn’t hold out but a point is more than I expected so let’s move on.

We need a goalkeeper and brute in the centre of defence and we will be ok.

We are too soft.

Great strikes for all three goals.

Positive: we don’t often score three goals.

48 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

How's Sanders doing?

If he wasn't 6ft5 he'd be in League One.

47 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Disappointed we couldn’t hold out but a point is more than I expected so let’s move on.

We need a goalkeeper and brute in the centre of defence and we will be ok.

We are too soft.

Great strikes for all three goals.

Positive: we don’t often score three goals.

Thats the issue. 

They're not going to score 3 goals from outside the box every week, especially like the second free kick. 

Then if they keep defending like they have been... 🤷‍♂️

The outcome is bleak if it continues.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

As frustrating as today is, we were down a number of players, on a terrible run and sold goals all over the place once again, yet we still deserved at least a draw against a county team whose fans were saying how good they’ve been playing and who beat Dundee just last week.

Our midfield is competitive at this level and we have good forward options. If we could somehow magically find a keeper and dominant centre back I think this season might be a decent enough watch.  

It’s a huge if though, as I’ve no idea where we’d find them at this stage.

Really hope the plan isn't to take their time and to hold off until the international break before appointing the manager. 

The delay stops any potential signings coming in as well.

Regardless of the result today the performance aside from the individual moments wasn't very good. There is a few positives there still though. I just think the combination of issues defensively and with the goalkeeper are a damaging combination and completely undo all the hard work. 

That stat regarding completing a grand total of two passes into the box sums up the issues. 

We're playing wing backs and offer no wide threat. They're decent in possession etc but we fail to get them involved higher up the pitch. We never give them a platform to deliver into the box from a threatening position or from the byline etc.