Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

No matter how this appointment turns out, the club should be applauded because for the first time for ages the fans are excited about the team and the future. 

It’s also good that they appear to have started to put a more professional setup in place with MacPherson being put in charge of recruitment. Hopefully he’ll set up a scouting network too. Will be happier if they get rid of Kirk as he was too involved with Levein but if Simo is happy with him then who am I to judge. With a bit of luck a new goalie and at least one defender will be signed before the Ross County game . Then he can add to that in the transfer window. Exciting times ahead 

Fair play to the club for getting an interesting manager. Any new manager is a throw of the dice and the way the recruitment was looking from the outside, it looked like we were going to end up with a run of the mill member of scottish manager merry go round.

There is a few imposters in the playing squad that will be properly found out.

Riga's squad is a heady mix of Latvians, South Americans, Africans, players from all over the Balkans, and Belarusians. Certainly the St.Johnstone squad should become a more interesting place in the months ahead. The Lativan season will finish up in the first weekend of November so I wonder if he has tapped up a few of these guys.

Certainly should make for a more interesting dressing room soon than the current squad full of time served jobbers whose biggest achievement was winning something with Hamilton/ Hearts U-21s over a decade ago. Whether it will work or be a complete disaster only time will tell, but it certainly won't be boring.

Just now, Ivo den Bieman said:

Riga's squad is a heady mix of Latvians, South Americans, Africans, players from all over the Balkans, and Belarusians. Certainly the St.Johnstone squad should become a more interesting place in the months ahead. The Lativan season will finish up in the first weekend of November so I wonder if he has tapped up a few of these guys.

Certainly should make for a more interesting dressing room soon than the current squad full of time served jobbers whose biggest achievement was winning something with Hamilton/ Hearts U-21s over a decade ago. Whether it will work or be a complete disaster only time will tell, but it certainly won't be boring.

Cami will love that.

Edited by Fife Saint

7 minutes ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

One of the Latvian league's strategies is to make it easy to bring in young guys from the likes of these places and give them a platform in European competition, in the hope they can be sold on for a profit to bigger clubs around the continent. Current rules I think would make that a difficult model for the likes of St Johnstone. 

11 minutes ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but this squad must already be the most multicultural Saints squad ever. We have players from Austria, Sweden, Gambia, Poland, Ukraine, Israel, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Ireland. 
Now a manager from Finland. Total box office! 

Ghana as well. Can't forget about Ghana.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Enjoying the irony of Saints fans online who slaughtered the previous manager at every opportunity from day one saying how we all need to get behind the new manager.

Difference being, Levein is a c**t.