Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We lost over £300k last year and are on course for another loss along the same figure, as the club have upped the wage bill to apparently the highest its ever been. Clark, Kerr and McCann have all been given long term deals and the club are pumping money into the youth set up.

Do they need to be spending six figure fees on anyone with a wee bit of hype for you to think they're being ambitious?

No, it's not about splashing cash, it is about good business sense and good decision making which you yourself have been complaining about.  Clark, Ker and McCann.. good decisions. McMillan, Anderson, Callachan not so much  but it is going down the same route,  as is signing players we already know and have played for us before.  It is conservative decision making, sometimes good and sometimes bad.  

14 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

No, it's not about splashing cash, it is about good business sense and good decision making which you yourself have been complaining about.  Clark, Ker and McCann.. good decisions. McMillan, Anderson, Callachan not so much  but it is going down the same route,  as is signing players we already know and have played for us before.  It is conservative decision making, sometimes good and sometimes bad.  

You're talking about good business sense while trying to say signing a 22yo striker who's never played in the top tier, and who has 6 good months in the second tier  for a six figure fee, would be wise

5 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Drey Wright, Matt Kennedy, Michael O'Halloran and Danny Swanson the first time round for both. All gambles.  

Stefan Scougall, Brad Mackay, David McMillan and even Vihmann were big gambles as well.  Scougall and McMillan big outlays.

McCart from Inverness this week, a young lad unproven at this level.

For all we know Saints have made enquiries about Nisbet but been scared off by the fee being asked, or any of a number of reasons.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're talking about good business sense while trying to say signing a 22yo striker who's never played in the top tier, and who has 6 good months in the second tier  for a six figure fee, would be wise

If you look at the stats its longer than 6 months he bagged a good few goals the season before as well.

We have got Celtic and hearts to pump before we turn our attention to that one.

The online tickets for Saints fans through Ayr's website only went up for sale yesterday as far as I could tell, so maybe Saints were holding off promoting it until they were actually available to buy.  Might be an announcement today or tomorrow once tonight's game is out the road.  Who knows?

I don't think Saints will be selling any tickets, isn't it just online thru Ayr or cash gate?  

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We have got Celtic and hearts to pump before we turn our attention to that one.

The online tickets for Saints fans through Ayr's website only went up for sale yesterday as far as I could tell, so maybe Saints were holding off promoting it until they were actually available to buy.  Might be an announcement today or tomorrow once tonight's game is out the road.  Who knows?

I don't think Saints will be selling any tickets, isn't it just online thru Ayr or cash gate?  

No cash gate, you have to buy tickets from a stall outside the ground on the day if you don't buy online.

As far as I know.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No cash gate, you have to buy tickets from a stall outside the ground on the day if you don't buy online.

As far as I know.

Which is fine because by that time you'll know if you're too inebriated, or indeed lifted, to get in.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

As far as I know.

I think that sums up my point perfectly. 

If you didn't post in here. Where would you expect to get this info?

Most people already booked on buses etc will have no idea tickets are on sale. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I think that sums up my point perfectly. 

Most people already booked on buses etc will have no idea tickets are on sale. 

I think the club will announce details pretty soon tbf, Ayr havent announced anything either as of last night.

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

There's about 10 days to go,  Saints will release the information, even if they didn't, surely you would ask?

It's no big deal, Ayr have only just released the away ticket info.

Edited by tree house tam
Wasn't clear

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My comparisons are that Kane and Nesbit have an almost literally identical scoring record in the Championship, by minutes, in their first real seasons as first choice at that level. 

Kane couldn't follow that up by scoring regularly in the top flight.

I was not comparing them as players. Merely that #Player1 and #Player2 has similar second tier records. #Player1 couldn't do step up as a goalscorer, so theres zero guarantee #Player2 will despite claims it would be worth spending our biggest transfer fee in 3 decades on #Player2.

They don't have an almost identical scoring record in the championship, as a 22 year old Kane had a poor scoring record in the championship, and as much as you may want to ignore it, those are the most relevant statistics. 

Kane didn't back up scoring regularly in the championship, let alone the Premiership. 

You did though say that there's a chance Nesbit would bomb, due to him playing only as a lone striker for Dunfermline, something that anyone with any idea what they're talking about would know is absolutely nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They don't have an almost identical scoring record in the championship

They did, in their first seasons in that division as first choice strikers. 

Kane was 10 minutes per goal worse.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They did, in their first seasons in that division as first choice strikers. 

Kane was 10 minutes per goal worse.

Now he just doesn't score at all 😢😂

People used to sign that he was one of our own... Now... He just gets told to f**k off 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

So you've not watched him at all often, nor are you even remotely familiar with the system he plays in, still just batter on making bold and sweeping assumptions. 

I get that you really enjoy posting, but sometimes it's better to say nothing rather than make it clear you know nothing. 
Random probably knows very little about Nisbet. But you clearly know even less about Random [emoji23][emoji23]

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2022

12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021

48. Max Johnstone (20) -2020

45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021 ­­– on loan at Brechin

Defenders

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

21. Anthony Ralston (20) – 2020 – on loan from Celtic

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022

5. Madis Vihmann (23) – 2020 – on loan from Flora

4. Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) – 2021

24. Callum Booth (28) – 2020

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

19. Jason Holt (26) – 2020 – on loan from Rangers

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2023

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

Forwards

9. Chris Kane (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) – 2021

14. Stevie May (26) – 2021 + 1

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020 

The squad as it stands. I've removed Anderson, Callachan and McMillan now as none of them will be back, demonstrated by the fact that McCart has pinched Callachan's number :lol:Sinclair remains because he's contracted beyond this summer.

If Swanson isn't going to feature as the evidence of the last few months would suggest, it could be that a new winger is on the agenda for this window. I'd like a striker personally and the manager seems focussed on a replacement for Davidson, but there may be an argument that a Kennedy replacement is the most pressing thing.

Edited by Kyle

O'Halloran back to being a forward then?

Goalkeepers
1. Zander Clark (27) -2022
12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021
48. Max Johnstone (20) -2020
45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021 ­­– on loan at Brechin

Defenders
2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021
21. Anthony Ralston (20) – 2020 – on loan from Celtic
23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021
15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022
5. Madis Vihmann (23) – 2020 – on loan from Flora
4. Jamie McCart (22) - 2022
3. Scott Tanser (24) – 2021
24. Callum Booth (28) – 2020

Midfielders

7. Drey Wright (24) - 2020

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

8. Murray Davidson (31) - 2020 + 1

26. Liam Craig (32) - 2020

19. Jason Holt (26) – 2020 – on loan from Rangers

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2023

11. Danny Swanson (32) - 2020

Forwards

9. Chris Kane (24) - 2020

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) – 2021

14. Stevie May (26) – 2021 + 1

22. Callum Hendry (21) - 2020 

The squad as it stands. I've removed Anderson, Callachan and McMillan now as none of them will be back, demonstrated by the fact that McCart has pinched Callachan's number [emoji38]. Sinclair remains because he's contracted beyond this summer.

If Swanson isn't going to feature as the evidence of the last few months would suggest, it could be that a new winger is on the agenda for this window. I'd like a striker personally and the manager seems focussed on a replacement for Davidson, but there may be an argument that a Kennedy replacement is the most pressing thing.