Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Moaning about the ref/decisions against is just clutching at straws.

We are 100% in a situation of our own making. 

Unless there's a miracle in January we're going down and because of last season CD will get the opportunity to bring us up again.

Absolutely the situation is of our own making because money should have been spent  before we lost Kerr and McCann as we had funds from our cup wins etc.

Just think where we would be if we actually could score. 

20 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Genuinely think that we played well in the second half today. 

Positives -

Defensively  we looked very good - that back 3 is our best defensively and also allows Rooney the chance to get forward or drift

Liam Craig and Bryson work well together especially second half where Liam was pressing the game and we actually were making them have to go long for a bit.

Eetu - for the stick I gave him appears to be learning how to play as part of a team, he also had some leap on him 

Negatives

Middleton & Crawford - neither are giving us enough with the ball to justify both playing. Middleton jogs along instead of pressing & never shows any sort of urgency. Crawford is far too light weight and is more of a luxury player than someone you can rely on.

Lack of bodies getting forward - when we play with 1 up the way that Kane plays we need bodies to get up and support and we just don’t do it enough (hopefully butterfield gives us extra legs in the middle to help) 

Referees - that is now 8 points off the top of my head where refs have cost us - it appears they are doing what they can to hurt us - today a penalty not given and a handball not called (haven’t seen it yet cause of where I sit)

Edit - have now seen the handball - ref couldn’t see it but surely the lino can see that!

Was he playing?

He must be continuing his ghost like career that he had at Aberdeen. Useless footballer 

Just now, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Double cup winner, show him your medals 

Nicky Low has a cup winners medal.

David May has a champions league medal.

The list of shit players with medals is fairly long.

Bryson is definitely using his experience and skill in midfield to drive you forward and win games this season is he? 😆

He's also due an injury. He usually "breaks down" every few weeks 

Enjoy your night 

There's plenty to mock us for but Bryson certainly isn't one. Been comfortably our best midfielder, maybe even player, this season, and is generally made to look worse than he is due to those around him.

Genuinely think that we played well in the second half today. 

Positives -
Defensively  we looked very good - that back 3 is our best defensively and also allows Rooney the chance to get forward or drift
Liam Craig and Bryson work well together especially second half where Liam was pressing the game and we actually were making them have to go long for a bit.

Eetu - for the stick I gave him appears to be learning how to play as part of a team, he also had some leap on him 

Negatives
Middleton & Crawford - neither are giving us enough with the ball to justify both playing. Middleton jogs along instead of pressing & never shows any sort of urgency. Crawford is far too light weight and is more of a luxury player than someone you can rely on.

Lack of bodies getting forward - when we play with 1 up the way that Kane plays we need bodies to get up and support and we just don’t do it enough (hopefully butterfield gives us extra legs in the middle to help) 

Referees - that is now 8 points off the top of my head where refs have cost us - it appears they are doing what they can to hurt us - today a penalty not given and a handball not called (haven’t seen it yet cause of where I sit)

Edit - have now seen the handball - ref couldn’t see it but surely the lino can see that!
genuinely feel your pain,it happens to every team a few times per seaon

Just now, johnoswald2712 said:

Only started contributing to this forum recently but absolutely agree with this.

How many times have we went through similar poor bouts of form but we always come out of it.

Ah well that's fine then. It's worked before so it'll work this time.

Maybe we should just sack our manager every season since we win trophies straight after. Worked before so it'll work again.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

65 minutes, subs. E2, MOH and Viv on for Kane, Middleton and Crawford. That my friends would have won that game. I've read the whole coaching book though, Callum is scared to go past half way. 

Exactly what was needed to win a game we were on top in, instead of plodding along taking the draw, then reacting too late 

24 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Only started contributing to this forum recently but absolutely agree with this.

How many times have we went through similar poor bouts of form but we always come out of it.

Callum has enough credit in the bank at the moment that he deserves January at least to get us out of our current predicament. We will be bottom at the turn of the year though, I’m confident of that. We just have to hope that other teams around us don’t pick up too many points in December. We’ve got Celtic, Rangers, Hearts (a) & Motherwell (a) this month, as well as a crucial game with County.

Ah well that's fine then. It's worked before so it'll work this time.
Maybe we should just sack our manager every season since we win trophies straight after. Worked before so it'll work again.
[/

No one is trying to say things are great just now but the overreaction by some folk is unreal. The manager and the club have been in this position before and know what needs to be done to get us out of it. No doubt I’ll be accused of being a happy clapper but I honestly think Callum will get us out of this.

4 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:
34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
No one is trying to say things are great just now but the overreaction by some folk is unreal. The manager and the club have been in this position before and know what needs to be done to get us out of it. No doubt I’ll be accused of being a happy clapper but I honestly think Callum will get us out of this.

When has Callum Davidson "been in this position" before?

This time last season we were 9th and 4 points clear of 12th. I don't even think we hit bottom at any point after the 4th of October last season.

This time last season we were 9th and 4 points clear of 12th. I don't even think we hit bottom at any point after the 4th of October last season.

Oh well then we’ll just sack him and put you in charge. I’m sure the players will love your nice charts and coaching experience

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This may shock you but we were bottom in October… 

We have signed a midfielder who appears from the outset to be a very good signing. 

We have went through bad runs before - players like Liam Craig, Callum booth etc are the ones who drag you out of it - not players like Middleton and Crawford who will avoid the battle