Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interesting to see if theres a full breakdown of how the clubs actually being run (whos in charge of what) at this "open" day.

This would mean some form of accountability, so it won’t happen. Flaherty will fumble about and only answers the questions he wants to answer opposed to the ones he’s actually been asked and Roddy will tell us we’re all being childish and know nothing about how a football club works. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

This would mean some form of accountability, so it won’t happen. Flaherty will fumble about and only answers the questions he wants to answer opposed to the ones he’s actually been asked and Roddy will tell us we’re all being childish and know nothing about how a football club works. 

Can imagine Roddy Grant talking about "reading the Internet" and seeing that a lot of fans actually support Davidson.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can imagine Roddy Grant talking about "reading the Internet" and seeing that a lot of fans actually support Davidson.

Or that he knows plenty of Hearts fans who are raging with the club and won’t renew their season tickets because they sacked Neilson 

12 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Or that he knows plenty of Hearts fans who are raging with the club and won’t renew their season tickets because they sacked Neilson 

Or talk about how sacking Jack Ross didnt work out well for United.

A club who've forgotten that the best decision is the best decision, and are stuck in the rut of thinking everything always works out well for us if we're patient enough.

Somewhat disappointed to hear there was only one player present at the family fun day on Sunday. 

Hiding?

------

As for a football club holding a fans forum and saying discussions about the FOOTBALL is off limits is peak St Johnstone. The meeting quickly becomes pointless as that is their core business, the actual football!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Somewhat disappointed to hear there was only one player present at the family fun day on Sunday. 

Hiding?

They're in the huff because they are starting to get it tight, when in fact they should really be looking at the standards they are setting in their chosen professional career. 

Not acceptable, half arsed, just like a matchday.

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

How are you guys feeling? Genuine panic/worry? O r you think you will be ok?

Before Saturday I was confident we'd win at least a couple of games and be fine.  Now I struggle to see where the next goal is coming from, let alone a win.  We're in freefall and right now I'd bite your hand off for 11th.  Davidson is obviously the biggest problem, but the players themselves are proving to be a bunch of useless shitebags.  Saturday was fucking awful.

11 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Davidson is obviously the biggest problem, but the players themselves are proving to be a bunch of useless shitebags.  Saturday was fucking awful.

Probably the problem we'll now see.

Players are now getting criticised during, and after, games. Theyll see all the criticism of Davidson and some will agree its his decisions causing it all.

Are the ones on loan/out of contract going to fight like f**k for him? Are those hes frozen out going to fight for him? 

Some will, as some are professional, but theres going to be some who dont, even subconsciously. Issue is hes acted for so long that his opinion is always right and if you disagree you're out, so if he now shows them he no longer believes in himself, that seems like a huge admittance of weakness? He has no choice but to do that now, but hes probably dooming himself regardless due to how he treated those who disagreed.

I'm not sure what these meetings that are allegedly happening will change?

Davidson won't accept he's wrong. Will the players stand up and criticise him? Probably not because they'll very likely just be left out. 

It's absolutely horrendous from the managers point of view if it's the players who need to tell him we should play to the strengths of the players in the squad? Surely that's fucking obvious?

52 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

We’ll get Jack Ross and we’ll like it. 

He's now head of youth at Newcastle, he aint coming back to Scotland any time soon! As bad as it sounds, I'd take Neilson, he's unspectacular, but I suspect he's a bit like Tommy Wright in that regards. Not that it will be him, Davidson isn't going anywhere right now unfortunately, 

18 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm not sure what these meetings that are allegedly happening will change?

I cant remember ever hearing about a meeting like that happening which isn't then followed by either a manager leaving or stories about a "rift" in the dressing room.

Feels like all itll achieve is factions forming within the squad (if there isnt already) and thatll start to show on the park. 

I still think we'll go for a back 4 v Livi but itll be nothing more than rolling the dice and hoping to win confidence back from fans, it wont be because he thinks its the best way to beat them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant remember ever hearing about a meeting like that happening which isn't then followed by either a manager leaving or stories about a "rift" in the dressing room.

Feels like all itll achieve is factions forming within the squad (if there isnt already) and thatll start to show on the park. 

I still think we'll go for a back 4 v Livi but itll be nothing more than rolling the dice and hoping to win confidence back from fans, it wont be because he thinks its the best way to beat them.

Bet you a tenner it's not a back 4

28 minutes ago, Widge said:

He's now head of youth at Newcastle, he aint coming back to Scotland any time soon! As bad as it sounds, I'd take Neilson, he's unspectacular, but I suspect he's a bit like Tommy Wright in that regards. Not that it will be him, Davidson isn't going anywhere right now unfortunately, 

Aye, somehow completely forgot about this 🤣 the comments on their announcement of that were a good laugh 

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There is rumours of there being a and bust up already in the dressing room in recent weeks. Involving some of our more defensive minded players. 

Although of course not posting them here as they're as likely to be utter bullshit made up by someone as they are to have any truth at all.

Although, again would be interesting if others had heard it also...

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There is rumours of there being a and bust up already in the dressing room in recent weeks. Involving some of our more defensive minded players. 

Although of course not posting them here as they're as likely to be utter bullshit made up by someone as they are to have any truth at all.

Although, again would be interesting if others had heard it also...

Funny, would it perhaps have been after the St Mirren game?