Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've handed out 4,200 community tickets to kids, think the 200 was sent to St Johnstone.

Know Livi have been pretty decent at handing out tickets in the last few seasons, but has it ever been as many as that? 

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Know Livi have been pretty decent at handing out tickets in the last few seasons, but has it ever been as many as that? 

Think we handed out about the same for the Dundee Utd home game, but it was postponed twice with the freezing weather, then played midweek at night, so the kids tickets didn't get that many turning up. Over 2 thousand were snapped up pretty quickly so hopefully there'll be a decent turn out of noisy kids in the South stands and round the corner of the East stand.

25 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Think we handed out about the same for the Dundee Utd home game, but it was postponed twice with the freezing weather, then played midweek at night, so the kids tickets didn't get that many turning up. Over 2 thousand were snapped up pretty quickly so hopefully there'll be a decent turn out of noisy kids in the South stands and round the corner of the East stand.

Clubs should always be applauded for thing like that, so fair play. Hope they see their team lose though 🤣

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Clubs should always be applauded for thing like that, so fair play. Hope they see their team lose though 🤣

Saints could learn something from it. Especially for the remaining fixtures this season!

What's stopping them giving out a whole Ormond Stand worth of tickets? It's going to be sitting empty anyway. 

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Saints could learn something from it. Especially for the remaining fixtures this season!

What's stopping them giving out a whole Ormond Stand worth of tickets? It's going to be sitting empty anyway. 

why would you want those poor children do endure that?

Latest interview

Saints have won only three league games in front of their own supporters this season.

He said: “The pitch has been awful. We don’t really like just hoofing the ball forward but it is very difficult to play any patterns of football.

“Unfortunately we have to play on the pitch 20 times this season.

“Other teams are (maybe) just once. I want to play football that is good to watch but I can’t do it on the pitch.

“Hopefully there is a good bit of money spent on it in the summer to make it a decent surface for the majority of the season.

“There is different levels but hopefully it will be a good level they do it to and hopefully we can get some football played on it.”

Wow. 

it’s his job to find a way to play on that pitch. Aye it’s shite but f**k me man it’s his job to workout how to use it to our advantage. 

“Unfortunately we have to play on the pitch 20 times this season.

“Other teams are (maybe) just once. I want to play football that is good to watch but I can’t do it on the pitch.

That's not the excuse that he thinks it is to say that other teams will come to your pitch once or twice and figure out how to play on it whist the team playing on it 20 times a season can't.

It also doesn't stand up to scrutiny. St. Mirren are one of the most route one sides in the league, particularly away from home and St. Johnstone have had probably more joy out of us at home than any other side this season, winning 3-0 and getting a 1-1 draw playing with 10 men.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Latest interview

So here's the issue....

If the pitch isn't fit for the way you want to play what do you do? Do you try to play that way anyway or play in a way that is suitable for the pitch?

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Although I know it's all BS excuses.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's not the excuse that he thinks it is to say that other teams will come to your pitch once or twice and figure out how to play on it whist the team playing on it 20 times a season can't.

It also doesn't stand up to scrutiny. St. Mirren are one of the most route one sides in the league, particularly away from home and St. Johnstone have had probably more joy out of us at home than any other side this season, winning 3-0 and getting a 1-1 draw playing with 10 men.

This is just another day, another Davidson nonsense interview. It's every fucking week. 

Claimed we were "magnificent" against Aberdeen and has made countless claims like it as well after poor performances and defeats.

Last week he was talking about looking over his shoulder. 

After we moved into 5th in the league in December was still going on about relegation. Basically haven't won a game since....

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

After we moved into 5th in the league in December was still going on about relegation. Basically haven't won a game since....

That's the weird thing - you had a pretty rotten start again and then after gubbing us, looked like you'd turned a corner and were going to be right in the mixer with us all season. Then just really badly dropped right off a cliff post World Cup.

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's the weird thing - you had a pretty rotten start again and then after gubbing us, looked like you'd turned a corner and were going to be right in the mixer with us all season. Then just really badly dropped right off a cliff post World Cup.

That's what happens when your team talks consist of "don't lose an early goal" "keep it tight" "let's be solid at the back". Convinced he's incapable of being positive. Constant negative reinforcement results in a negative mindset. He has real issues with criticism it seems completely unwilling to accept he wrong.

Walked out of the media work at Pittodrie when questioned about Liam Gordon's performance. Just stormed out when asked a simple question. 

He's only won 1 home game since we beat St Mirren in Perth I think? 🤢. Maybe 2? That was when, September?

His other media pish after getting beat from Aberdeen in Perth was "we've no right to be in this league". He just can't help it. 

He also apparently doesn't favour 3 central defender formations as well 🤷‍♂️

He also claimed "if I'd seen Theo Bair in training, id pick him". Despite us all knowing as he is the fucking manager he does see him in training and doesn't pick him so that was clearly another lie. 

I'm just ranting and reeling off the countless examples now 😂 we've had behind the scenes staff phoning supporters and claiming he's been to 6 countries scouting players in. The place is run by nutters.  

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

That's what happens when your team talks consist of "don't lose an early goal" "keep it tight" "let's be solid at the back". Convinced he's incapable of being positive. Constant negative reinforcement results in a negative mindset. He has real issues with criticism it seems completely unwilling to accept he wrong.

Walked out of the media work at Pittodrie when questioned about Liam Gordon's performance. Just stormed out when asked a simple question. 

He's only won 1 home game since we beat St Mirren in Perth I think? 🤢. Maybe 2? That was when, September?

His other media pish after getting beat from Aberdeen in Perth was "we've no right to be in this league". He just can't help it. 

He also apparently doesn't favour 3 central defender formations as well 🤷‍♂️

He also claimed "if I'd seen Theo Bair in training, id pick him". Despite us all knowing as he is the fucking manager he does see him in training and doesn't pick him so that was clearly another lie. 

I'm just ranting and reeling off the countless examples now 😂 we've had behind the scenes staff phoning supporters and claiming he's been to 6 countries scouting players in. The place is run by nutters.  

Remember how unlucky Max was not getting picked for the first team.

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

That my cousin not renewing his season ticket until callums gone. 

Season ticket holder since 92.

i am hearing fans say this a lot just now.

I wonder how bad renewals could be?

Maybe a 25% drop off?

Edited by realmadrid