Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I was intrigued by that theory of not being backed in the market. How much did we spend on guys like Mahon? And I’m sure the signing on fees for guys like Carey and Considine would be considerable given that’s usually what it takes to sign free agents who have come from clubs who pay higher wages. 

33 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Can someone going to the fans forum please ask Gus McPherson what he actually does? 

Also it's scandulous that it's not being live streamed. Again. 

Or even at very least recorded so can be watched back later. 

I'm absolutely convinced this a token gesture "were engaging with fans... Seeeeee"

As there's very little effort actually going into engage with them properly. Certainly based on the pathetic minutes produced previously that didn't actually detail the content of the answers given.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see hes found an ally on FB.

Apparently the club giving 3 stands to Rangers is whats derailed our season and without that happening we'd be top half.

Last season was the boards fault too for not backing him in the transfer market.

People need to stop engaging these utter idiots. 

I seen that Bright going on about being unemployed on Twitter I think it was. 

I wonder why.....

36 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Can someone going to the fans forum please ask Gus McPherson what he actually does? 

Also it's scandulous that it's not being live streamed. Again. 

Hopefully it doesn't have to be asked. It says he's doing a talk then a Q &A. So presumably a portion of his talk will be his role and responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Don’t think you can be three seasons down the line and still be blaming the pitch - there might be more to it than that. 

Would love to know how he explains scoring 7 (seven) non-penalty goals in 19 home games, in 2020/21, away. All while having May, Kane, Melamed, and Hendry to choose from.

Presumably theres a reason thats not his tactics behind that too.

The only thing I can do is unsubscribe from SaintsTV, which I’ve now done. I won’t be giving another penny to the club until big changes are made. My only two emotions at the moment are rage and apathy. Apathy during matches and rage throughout the rest of the week.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

The only thing I can do is unsubscribe from SaintsTV, which I’ve now done. I won’t be giving another penny to the club until big changes are made. My only two emotions at the moment are rage and apathy. Apathy during matches and rage throughout the rest of the week.

Chin up big man, let the rage pass or your tinder dates will think you have wee man syndrome. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would love to know how he explains scoring 7 (seven) non-penalty goals in 19 home games, in 2020/21, away. All while having May, Kane, Melamed, and Hendry to choose from.

Presumably theres a reason thats not his tactics behind that too.

Must have a huge book of excuses tucked under his bed

7 hours ago, The Saintee said:

The "fringe" players are getting a chance against Livingston apparently.

Aye, great. Murphy, McLennan and Carey all guaranteed to come in. Hallberg will probably keep his place 

Mitchell and Murphy are obvious ones to come in, and hes surely dumping the back 5.

Matthews

Brown - McGowan - Mitchell - Montgomery 

Wright - MacPherson - Phillips - Murphy

Hallberg

May

Is what i expect.

I’d play Carey over Hallberg, for the simple reason Livi get caught out with balls over the top and that’s the only thing Carey has been decent at in recent weeks. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mitchell and Murphy are obvious ones to come in, and hes surely dumping the back 5.

Matthews

Brown - McGowan - Mitchell - Montgomery 

Wright - MacPherson - Phillips - Murphy

Hallberg

May

Is what i expect.

I have a feeling Halberg might not start. Unure why but maybe it's the hope that pulling Gordon at the weekend was a bit of a breakthrough in the 'undroppable' mindset and maybe he's willing to drop players out of form. The danger is it works and he stays in a job and gets another summer in the transfer market.

That would mean being able to play a parter with May, maybe Murphy with McLennan wide. If he insists on Hallberg think at 4-3-3 is more likely. 

8 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I have a feeling Halberg might not start. Unure why but maybe it's the hope that pulling Gordon at the weekend was a bit of a breakthrough in the 'undroppable' mindset and maybe he's willing to drop players out of form. The danger is it works and he stays in a job and gets another summer in the transfer market.

That would mean being able to play a parter with May, maybe Murphy with McLennan wide. If he insists on Hallberg think at 4-3-3 is more likely. 

Gordon was injured wasnt he? Hadnt recovered from his knock in the first half. That plus fan pressure led to the sub, IMO.

I think he values Hallbergs work off the ball and will be looking at the Motherwell win as an example of when we last played well, and how we dug ourselves out a hole last season, and Hallberg was a part of both in that advanced role.