Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Robert Snodgrass? 35 years old & can't run, perfect fit.

Released due to being a disruptive influence in the dressing room. Aye f**k it why no.

Been waiting on this to come up, tbh.

All season (at least) we've been getting people to make our matchday graphics for free, as part of a "student program" to help their CVs.

Honestly not sure where on the barometer of shite/helpful it is as ive zero clue about the graphics industry to know if it will actually help their CV.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All season (at least) we've been getting people to make our matchday graphics for free, as part of a "student program" to help their CVs.

Honestly not sure where on the barometer of shite/helpful it is as ive zero clue about the graphics industry to know if it will actually help their CV.

Here’s one the club can use if we lose on Saturday. 

IMG_4316.jpeg

Same position as you, I don’t know too much about it. I think art and graphic design is one of these areas where you can get more out of it with the right exposures and connections. However it doesn’t make it right and I’d rather we kept it all in house. unless we’ve had a plethora of students approaching asking to do it as a project I struggle to see how they’ve ended up approaching people to do it.

Edited by mizfit

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've mentioned similar a couple of times on here and every time the same person jumped to their defence. I presume because he is one of the media match day volunteers. 

Was the school boy who did the media during covid etc paid? I have my doubts.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was the school boy who did the media during covid etc paid? I have my doubts.

Dont know of its the same one, but one of them now works for St Mirren so presumably there was a reason they moved clubs, and actually being paid seems an obvious one.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont know of its the same one, but one of them now works for St Mirren so presumably there was a reason they moved clubs, and actually being paid seems an obvious one.

Alternatively they don’t want a relegation on their CV. 😝 

IMG_1339.gif.0f2dafaf057470ac70e15fc12aca6c09.gif

Although I still think that you will survive. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He moved to Glasgow for college/university and managed to get a job at St Mirren as a result 

15 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

He moved to Glasgow for college/university and managed to get a job at St Mirren as a result 

Is that the lad doing the videos? He does some great stuff, to be fair to him.

On the topic, I think offering 'exposure' for work is transparently a bit shit, but I've worked in various marketing agencies for 20+ years and to be fair, having any demonstrable commissioned work on your CV/portfolio helps. So it is a bit crap but I personally think it's ok.

6 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Cal in The Courier says that Kane is out for the season.

A remarkable turn of events that nobody couldve predicted.

Hes, yet again, saying he might "tweak the system" and play one up front. And is, yet again, blaming the pitch for home results.

Spunds entirely like hes about to play Murphy and Carey either side of May in a 3-4-3

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bang on. Set backs obviously happen but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a club get so many/lengthy ones. That’s Kane, Booth and Davidson from the top of my head who’ve all been given a return date by the manager then it’s not transpired. At least this time we’ve been told about it

It could be an unfortunate coincidence but would it surprise anyone if the handling of injured players, their treatment, recovery schedule, eventual ease into training and step up to full training was in fact being done wrong?

With everything else happening at the club I wouldn't be surprised. 

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It could be an unfortunate coincidence but would it surprise anyone if the handling of injured players, their treatment, recovery schedule, eventual ease into training and step up to full training was in fact being done wrong?

With everything else happening at the club I wouldn't be surprised. 

You could see if being unfortunate if it’s one player, but that’s 3 now who’ve missed pretty much a season. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes, yet again, saying he might "tweak the system" and play one up front. And is, yet again, blaming the pitch for home results.

Spunds entirely like hes about to play Murphy and Carey either side of May in a 3-4-3

Did we ever agree on that £10.

He's not changing his system for Livingston, he will have a back 3/5 the same as every other week for what is starting to feel like decades now.

It's not his fault we keep losing!

Just now, shibbydoo said:

Did we ever agree on that £10.

He's not changing his system for Livingston, he will have a back 3/5 the same as every other week for what is starting to feel like decades now.

It's not his fault we keep losing!

Not a chance im ever betting on him moving away from his back 5, comments this morning sound to me like hes going back to his 3-4-3/5-2-3 shape.

I don't see the issue with offering graphic designers exposure.

It's a one-off thing, that they presumably really enjoy doing, that can only help them moving forward.

They are effectively getting free advertising for their brand to an audience of tens of thousands across various social platforms.

There are no doubt volunteers that have the pish ripped out of them by clubs but this isn't a case of that IMO.

The irony with Davidsons comments are that he could play 4-3-3 and we'd be far better and more balanced.

Matthews

Brown - McGowan - Mitchell - Montgomery

McPherson - Phillips - Spoony

Wright - May -Murphy

That team is competitive and actually full of running which is something we seem to lack. You'd even have the option of McLennan on the bench for more pace, Carey could replace a midfielder and sit at the top if he's not being asked to defend. There's just so many more options available to the clown, he's just unwilling to see it at all.