Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Both goals have stemmed from Dan Phillips rushing in and getting beaten. Shows me he can’t play that deepest role at all, he’s not disciplined enough.  If McGowan plays this game is still level. 

Still baffles me i read someone saying our squad was better than last season, we're clearly the worst squad in the division with the exception of Dundee. Dundee have a manager who'll shitfest though.

Gambling on a season like this necessary to sort the shitshow out, but relegation feels kind of inevitable as the ultimate price paid.

Max really isnt for me.

None of the young players are good enough just now, including max, ballantyne, ferguson and Parker. We need at least one centre half, a right back, a centre midfielder, a winger, and a striker if kane and clark are going to be out for any length of time, to have any hope of survival. Shambolic.

3 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Liam Gordon is not a footballer. It pains me to say it cos I don’t like the guy, but he’s a pound-shop Ryan Porteous. No ability and only useful as an enforcer. And he hasn’t the brains to enforce his presence. 
And are we a very unfit team? Has preseason been hard enough?

Porteous was great on the ball and never shirked it, Gordon is shuffling responsibility onto a struggling kid.

Just now, Rugster said:

Oh please feel free to send him back our way. 

Hes going to be miles out his depth if he plays regularly in the top flight, but i think he'll get chances regardless.

Just so, so, scared to try anything. Hes had about 4 shooting chances on his strong foot from within 20 yards in the last 1.5 games and hes shat out it every single time.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Hes going to be miles out his depth if he plays regularly in the top flight, but i think he'll get chances regardless.

Just so, so, scared to try anything. Hes had about 4 shooting chances on his strong foot from within 20 yards in the last 1.5 games and hes shat out it every single time.

I get we are two levels below but he was our absolute stand out in just about every game last season. Maybe he needs another season on loan, maybe at championship level this time for his progression. He’s definitely one for the future though imo. 

The centre back situation is a disgrace really. A poor kid forced in before they’re ready because the only other two CBs are utter shite. 

Not good enough across the park but that’s the area where it’s really hurting us even in games against L1 opposition.

The manager is gonna have to be more pragmatic and find a way to make what he has less soft and easy to beat, while he tries to shape it into his image. Otherwise we are going to be adrift by Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I get we are two levels below but he was our absolute stand out in just about every game last season. Maybe he needs another season on loan, maybe at championship level this time for his progression. He’s definitely one for the future though imo. 

Hes clearly got the ability he just seems shit scared to use it. So disappointing.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What is his best position supposed to be? I get the sense it’s not RW or as a CM which is where the manager has played him so far.

11 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

Liam Gordon is not a footballer. It pains me to say it cos I don’t like the guy, but he’s a pound-shop Ryan Porteous. No ability and only useful as an enforcer. And he hasn’t the brains to enforce his presence. 
And are we a very unfit team? Has preseason been hard enough?

At the last Open Night, Macca was stating that the players were doing a harder pre-season than the last.

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Feel for Parker. Bit of a nightmare half but I think there's a footballer in him, unlike Gordon.

Aye, one of those days. Just simply not ready yet, another loan or two needed.