Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Is this really as bad as everyone is making out or is it just St Johnstone going through a moment in time? For example I don't know much about your team but I know you have a lot of injuries? 

It all seems pretty shite right now but surely the manager will be given funds to bring new people in, or will he? 

Short summary (and I'm sure some won't agree) is that based on the team we can currently put out, we are well below what is needed and we'd finish bottom. Big injury list and some of those out would help the side, but we'd still struggle with everyone fit. Get everyone fit and add 3-4 extra bodies of decent quality and we are probably OK.

All against a backdrop of a paralysed club off the field and trying to unpick 2 years of poor and expensive signings, which make the rebuild harder than it needs to be. 

Fair? 

13 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Short summary (and I'm sure some won't agree) is that based on the team we can currently put out, we are well below what is needed and we'd finish bottom. Big injury list and some of those out would help the side, but we'd still struggle with everyone fit. Get everyone fit and add 3-4 extra bodies of decent quality and we are probably OK.

All against a backdrop of a paralysed club off the field and trying to unpick 2 years of poor and expensive signings, which make the rebuild harder than it needs to be. 

Fair? 

Pretty much it for me.

Can't see us finishing anywhere other than bottom, would be delighted to be proven wrong.

If we survive this season, THAT would be an achievement....

1 minute ago, Saint Paddy said:

Pretty much it for me.

Can't see us finishing anywhere other than bottom, would be delighted to be proven wrong.

I just don't think the poor start that St Johnstone have had will be sustained. I could be completely wrong but I always have them down as a team that usually get through it. Like you both say maybe 2 years of mismanagement will finally catch up with them. 

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

I just don't think the poor start that St Johnstone have had will be sustained. I could be completely wrong but I always have them down as a team that usually get through it. Like you both say maybe 2 years of mismanagement will finally catch up with them. 

Under Tommy Wright maybe. Not now and certainly not with these players.

45 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Under Tommy Wright maybe. Not now and certainly not with these players.

I think that is correct. We've had less talented players in the past, but they had savvy and heart. This shower have absolutely none of that and that goes for some of those that have been around the club a long time. Stick Frazer Wright and Dave MacKay in this side and you'd see a marked improvement in all of the players. 

1 hour ago, Saint Paddy said:

Pretty much it for me.

A bigger achievement than the cup double, to coin a phrase. 

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Any predictions for this week? 

I’m going for Liam Gordon to be injured dropping a costa cup on his foot ruling him out for 14 months and GMS to sign on a 12 month deal. 

Honestly, right now ....I would probably bite you hand off for that 😛

We're in a bit of a predicament in terms of signings now. 

Loan signings from somewhere in England especially, those lads potentially have no skin in the game and nothing to lose by joining us. If we struggle and go down they'll still have been getting their 5+ grand a week especially if signed from likes of Charlton like mentioned before and will go back to their parent club and face no consequences of the poor season (if they've still got time on their deal there).

Perm signings, who's going to want to come? There's no doubt countless quality players out there out of luck in terms of finding a new club but will they want to come to Perth? Will they also be of the mental and technical standard required to make the MASSIVE difference that frankly we're in desperate need of?

All if's, but's and maybe's i guess? 

I have absolutely no doubt those working at the club on recruitment will be giving it their all though.

Randomguy, its about time to get that CV sent in there with your suggestions!

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Fair? 

It must be time for several panic loans, or do we leave that until five to midnight on day the window closes? 

18 minutes ago, Dustyfski said:

It must be time for several panic loans, or do we leave that until five to midnight on day the window closes? 

I think we might still be allowed to do a couple of panic loans after it shuts, but not sure. I'd imagine we will do the panicking earlier on in the final week as Steve Brown won't want to pay for the lights to be on that late on deadline day, so make use of the shorter nights before that. 

36 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Perm signings, who's going to want to come? There's no doubt countless quality players out there out of luck in terms of finding a new club but will they want to come to Perth? Will they also be mental and technical standard to make the MASSIVE difference that frankly we're in desperate need of?

I know what you’re getting at but I think you’re overthinking it ever so slightly. We’re getting to that stage where players are running out of options and the offer of a firm contract, likely two year deal, at a club with a good financial reputation will be enough for a lot of players. Sure, there’ll be ones that look at the results so far and decide it’s not for them - but that’s potentially not a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

I know what you’re getting at but I think you’re overthinking it ever so slightly. We’re getting to that stage where players are running out of options and the offer of a firm contract, likely two year deal, at a club with a good financial reputation will be enough for a lot of players. Sure, there’ll be ones that look at the results so far and decide it’s not for them - but that’s potentially not a bad thing. 

Professional footballers are egotistical as f**k. For every one that looks at our results and doesn’t fancy it, there will be five who think "I can be the hero there".

5 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Professional footballers are egotistical as f**k. For every one that looks at our results and doesn’t fancy it, there will be five who think "I can be the hero there".

To be fair, judging by Saturday, a couple of well worked throw ins would elevate a player to legendary status in that team. 

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Randomguy, its about time to get that CV sent in there with your suggestions!

Its probably too late for all the ones id flag up, or theyd be too shit.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Robbie Crawford being linked to "two Premiership" sides by the Record this evening. They're not named though. Has a whiff of Saints about it. 

Although the fact they're not named also smells of agent drumming up interest. 

Thought the same, 5 figure realise fee. Have do idea if he's good enough.

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Robbie Crawford being linked to "two Premiership" sides by the Record this evening. They're not named though. Has a whiff of Saints about it. 

Although the fact they're not named also smells of agent drumming up interest. 

I am once again asking who his fucking agent is.