Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 02/08/2023 at 16:11, Ludo*1 said:

f**k me, if that doesn't scream alarm bells to St Johnstone fans that he's well out of his depth, I dunno what will. Just seems completely defeated already and unconvincing when he tries to spearhead a positive message. 

On 02/08/2023 at 16:23, Ludo*1 said:

As always, I'll jump in with two feet without knowing the facts but he came across as a nervous wreck in that interview. First time I've actually paid attention to him so maybe just more of a shock to me.

I can see how he'd be unsuccessful in persuading players to sign for you based on that.

On 02/08/2023 at 17:21, Ludo*1 said:

Talk about tinted lenses, jeezo!

This is quickly becoming a regular thing with MacLean.

I get it, as a fan, you try your best to look past this sort of stuff or see the positive in it. I've done it myself in the past and will probably do so again in the future. Now, we might be his saving grace like we were for Davidson before him, but it's not even quite mid-August and he looks completely defeated and done FFS.

10 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is this what it feels like for a Dee when Random is in their thread spouting nonsense?

If it's tedious, it's how everyone feels when you post in general tbh.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yer man theres profile is some reading.

Hates Nicola Sturgeon, voted for Brexit, thinks everyone who goes on a gay pride march is "weirdos,", supports the Tories over the gender reform bill, and says Davidson failed entirely because of "toxic fans".

So just your average Perth resident then. 

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

So just your average Perth resident then. 

Yeah, Perth voted SNP last time.

What party did Dumfries vote for?

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, Perth voted SNP last time.

What party did Dumfries vote for?

Don’t know. There’s not a parliament seat that only consists of Dumfries. SNP and Labour got the most votes in the council elections though. 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

Don’t know. There’s not a parliament seat that only consists of Dumfries. SNP and Labour got the most votes in the council elections though. 

Did they? Heres results from votes in 2021 and 2022, both confirming Dumfries is Tory as f**k.

tories.png.bda49b81547bf03d699a3f9cc60173cc.png

tories2.png.1878d565b03fa54bae29377c25e002b8.png

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Did they? Heres results from votes in 2021 and 2022, both confirming Dumfries is Tory as f**k.

tories.png.bda49b81547bf03d699a3f9cc60173cc.png

tories2.png.1878d565b03fa54bae29377c25e002b8.png

That’s Dumfriesshire, not just Dumfries. Places like Langholm and Sanquhar which are 30+ miles from Dumfries skew the results. 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

That’s Dumfriesshire, not just Dumfries. Places like Langholm and Sanquhar which are 30+ miles from Dumfries skew the results. 

Sounds like Tory bullshit to me, so you being a massive one is now passing the smell test too.

Won't be long until you and your like try to get Dumfries made into a part of England rather than Scotland. Shame on you.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like Tory bullshit to me, so you being a massive one is now passing the smell test too.

Won't be long until you and your like try to get Dumfries made into a part of England rather than Scotland. Shame on you.

If you say so. 

2 hours ago, Saint DBL said:

Does he fit the box to box description from macca? Always seems quite advanced at Morton. 

Robbie Crawford is a decent championship player at best . If he’s the answer you’re asking the wrong question. 

He was pretty much loathed by most Motherwell fans and we were glad to see the back of him. Slow and weak in the tackle.

39 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Worth noting that Perth has had an SNP MP for 28(twenty eight) years.

Longest any part of Scotland/constituency has had an SNP MP too. As we're all just massive self hating tories who are punishing ourselves at every election. 

Anyway, back to the football. Is it not about time the club start reviewing the sport science/training methods/physios at the club? We've had a big problem with injuries for a couple of years now. It's not just bad luck. 

Edited by Kyle

We are on a really poor run and looking doomed, but as daft as it sounds, better to start this way so it’s glaringly obvious we need players in and to improve, than sneak a few draws or a win to paper over the cracks, plod along with what we’ve got now, then collapse mid-season with less opportunity to turn it around.

There can be no doubt we need certain types of players in during this window.  Just one or two quality players, or absolute battlers prepared to put everything on the line, could give a huge kick up the backside for the whole team.