Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

55 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I presumed at the time the were worried they'd lose even more of the limited access they were getting from the club if they said anything critical. 

Now that Guidi is now involved that threat is significantly less likely. It would seem he was of the mantra of the Old Firm clubs. Banning anyone who dared to say anything bad etc as they were already not allowed to ever speak to certain players. 

I’m sure I remember the podcast boys making comment on Guidi getting awkward with them after they criticised a few performances. Would certainly tie with the media being more willing to criticise now. 

Hahaha. From the Bradford forum

"Whilst I'm never usually one for singling out players, this was an(other) awful, perhaps even shameful performance today. And not for the first time.

Today he gave the ball away far too many times, never wins a header, never tracks back, poor body language, lack of attitude and effort off the ball, lack of movement, and worst of all he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo on it when chances are presented to him, often on a plate.

He should have been hoisted off in the first half, never mind the 89th minute.

One must wonder if he has a clause in his loan deal that means he must play a certain amount of games because there are far better players on the bench that are not getting a sniff because this lad can't seem to be dropped.

Probably the worst player i've seen in a City shirt this season."

Edit: formatting.

Edited by Zamora Fan

Talking of loaning in wingers anyone think we could get Vata in from Celtic at all. Since we done Montgomery and Ralston a turn could we be considered? 

Personally don’t like loaning on and developing OF players but best to consider all options in our predicament 

Loads more, mostly all negative, in here: https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/dara-costelloe-signed-loan.6855/page-5

Seems like a complete punt, no career goals and main senior experience in Ireland and a brief failed loan spell. Top scorer for Burnley in the U23 league back in 2022. 

Edited by Zamora Fan

On 14/08/2023 at 10:23, Theyellowbox said:

Will be at least one other new injury and one of the injured players having a further setback or being 'sent for a scan'.

I think the long injury list of due to the age/type of player we have, but you do have to ask if there isn't something in the way they train or are treated fitness wise that means we seem to pick up so many injuries?

I predict we will get another permanent signing this week, followed by a Burnley player on loan.

I know you joke about GMS and I'm not saying we should sign him. But, we do need someone with a bit of a creative streak. It's all to slow and predictable at the moment. Teams know we won't stretch them enough and that none of our wide players can do them for pace. 

What do I win? 😁

Think he will be a decent signing, but we still need more.