Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I know everyone's feeling negative but not sure the mental gymnastics is going to help you any 😂

The manager said Costello is fast...

You know who else they said was fast? Theo Bair.

Theo Bair was was shite so Costello could also be shite? 🤷‍♂️

He might be shite he might not be. 🤷‍♂️😂

To be fair to myself ... I wasn't being particularly serious.

I'm fairly ambivalent about our new signings until we actually see them play for a bit.

5 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

To be fair to myself ... I wasn't being particularly serious.

I'm fairly ambivalent about our new signings until we actually see them play for a bit.

Exactly. I've no idea whether they'll be good enough or not. Hard to believe all the young lads will all step up to form a team up to the standard but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️ 

Time will tell!

13 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

A couple of the experienced players been told they can leave,you’d assume Booth and Crawford will be in with a shout ,in courier 

They would be the obvious ones. Booth just cannot get fit and Crawford is, but no where near. Can also assume the bringing in of another left back is a fair indication.

Probably does 2 things. Clears out some expensive and non contributing players, but also sends a very clear message to the others. That and the Spoony release. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

Jay Turner-Cooke is available for Saturday so he's clearly signed now too. Guessing the media team haven't had the chance to record him bursting into the centenary suite and downing a pint yet, so will only be announced when that's done. 

Telling senior players they're free to leave and them actually leaving are two completely different things. Who in their right mind is going to take Ali Crawford - pea hearted, couldn't get a game for his best pal towards the end of last season in the championship - and Callum Booth, who hasn't really been the same player since the cup final  and has been injured for about 18 months since. 

Given we've signed so many midfielders, Crawford is definitely prime candidate to be one of those players. Booth, Considine or an outside chance it could be McGowan too. Nothing against any of those 3, I'm just looking at where there might be excess fat in the squad and they stand out as being players who could fit that profile. 

Maybe some mutual terminations incoming on deadline day. 

Aye I’d be a bit unhappy if it were McGowan. Can play 3/4 positions and at the minute he has to be in our midfield, which is quite concerning. Maybe that’s where Sven comes in. 

Probably just Crawford and Booth he’s told to get the f**k. I’ll be impressed if we manage to get rid of both of them tbh. 

Who says its Booth and not Gallacher?

Could easily see it being Gallacher, MacPherson, Crawford and Kane.

First two seem like constant sicknotes you cant rely on who are ~average anyway. Crawford isnt going to play much while Kanes unprofessionalism has cost us this season already.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Can't see it being McGowan Kyle, although he's a defender he's better in midfield than most of our midfielders. That in itself tells a story.

I was thinking McGowan because I suspect he signed for us thinking it would give him a chance of getting into the Australia squad for the World Cup, along with so many other Scottish based players. We've signed an extra right back, loads of midfielders and Eric mentioned he thinks we might target another centre back on the last courier podcast. All areas of the pitch he covers. Maybe not necessarily one Maclean has said has no future, maybe one that we can get off the books who'd be happy to go if you get me.

Loads of players at all levels have kick abouts out of work. Not all players who've been out for a year with a career threatening injury have kick abouts with boys from down the pub.

It says a lot about Saints at the minute that Chris Kane is deemed important enough to just brush it under the carpet. I remember a time when Saints sacked their star player for an alleged incident of gross misconduct.... 

16 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Maybe Kane injuring himself playing with his mates isn’t actually true?

This!

I swear at one point someone on here posted that it must be true cause “someone had said it on WAP/Twitter”, but they had got it from here in the first place. Has grown arms and legs.