Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

22 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Playing St Mirren in a behind closed doors game today. 

How long till we play Motherwell and we're on the end of Theo "Closed door goal machine" Bair? 🤷‍♂️

Ali McCann captaining his international team at 24 years of age shows how good he can be, just hope he doesn’t stagnate at Preston. Even if saints get no benefit (who really knows), still want him to play at the highest level he can. 

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I think he is tbh.

Quite possibly, but a Craig Bryson/Liam Kelly like career down south is still a respectable one and will set him up for life I’d imagine. 

Now that the transfer window has shut and the dust has settled a bit, how do you think we did?

I think we have some decent prospects.

Matt Smith certainly looks good on paper.

Anybody who's played for Wales that many times and been at euros and world cups is a very decent buy for a team like us.

Mitov, I think we all feel the same. Best keeper in the league, amazing how we got that deal done.

The other guys are showing potential and there's no doubt that we're all going to need a level of patience to allow them to develop into a decent squad.

Some of the comments I've read like "He should never play in a Saints shirt again" and writing people off after one game are I feel ridiculous and unhelpful in the current situation.

I'll always look on the positive side so this isn't a moan, but to be honest I am a bit concerned that we have too much potential and not enough proven experience, ironically, the polar opposite of last year.

Also, for the people who are a bit ITK, did any of the names you heard about happen? Did they end up anywhere else?

I know a few people were impressed with the names they heard so I wondered what happened with them?

I'm not asking to break a confidence or name anybody obviously, only being curious.

Time will tell for this squad, at least it's different from what we've had for the past few years.

1 hour ago, Gekko said:

Now that the transfer window has shut and the dust has settled a bit, how do you think we did?

I think we have some decent prospects.

Matt Smith certainly looks good on paper.

Anybody who's played for Wales that many times and been at euros and world cups is a very decent buy for a team like us.

Mitov, I think we all feel the same. Best keeper in the league, amazing how we got that deal done.

The other guys are showing potential and there's no doubt that we're all going to need a level of patience to allow them to develop into a decent squad.

Some of the comments I've read like "He should never play in a Saints shirt again" and writing people off after one game are I feel ridiculous and unhelpful in the current situation.

I'll always look on the positive side so this isn't a moan, but to be honest I am a bit concerned that we have too much potential and not enough proven experience, ironically, the polar opposite of last year.

Also, for the people who are a bit ITK, did any of the names you heard about happen? Did they end up anywhere else?

I know a few people were impressed with the names they heard so I wondered what happened with them?

I'm not asking to break a confidence or name anybody obviously, only being curious.

Time will tell for this squad, at least it's different from what we've had for the past few years.

I feel we could have done with another centre back.  Otherwise, I'm reasonably happy with the window.  We will indeed need to be patient.  

Overall,  we might be OK or we might go down.   But at least Macca is trying something different.  The last two years under Davidson really tested my patience, but I think this team will be more entertaining at least. 

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

I feel we could have done with another centre back.  Otherwise, I'm reasonably happy with the window.  We will indeed need to be patient.  

Overall,  we might be OK or we might go down.   But at least Macca is trying something different.  The last two years under Davidson really tested my patience, but I think this team will be more entertaining at least. 

Agree with all of this.

Also feel like we're a bit lightweight upfront. Could do with a big fellah to wind up and worry the opposing centre backs.

Maybe see if Akinfenwa would come out of retirement? Joke, before anybody starts.

10 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Robert Thompson is a fucking moron. As if anyone would pick a NI Club over Triestina. 

And as for Eric, how do we know he wasn't signed with the intention of being loaned out? 

Seems both still on CD's payroll 

On about Vertainen?

F5xf41pWwAA65HG.png.ba78391b1a3b31030dee80cf42d811f7.png

Its literally in the article Nicolson posted so im not sure why hes ignored that and framed it as Vertainen being dumped by his new side already.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

On about Vertainen?

F5xf41pWwAA65HG.png.ba78391b1a3b31030dee80cf42d811f7.png

Its literally in the article Nicolson posted so im not sure why hes ignored that and framed it as Vertainen being dumped by his new side already.

I hadn't seen the article because I'd only seen him writing nonsense about Vertainen in tweets unrelated to the article. 

Absolutely embarrassing by both of them. 

Its impossible for any of us to have any idea as to what level Vertainen is currently at. But the journalistic vandetta against him is pathetic. 

Edited by FrankChickens1