Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Will he be the last signing of the window? 

Depends how many leave tomorrow if any but most likely yes, still spending far too much on wages, we’re about 6/7 players too many in terms of ideal squad size for the budget 

5 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Depends how many leave tomorrow if any but most likely yes, still spending far too much on wages, we’re about 6/7 players too many in terms of ideal squad size for the budget 

Crying out for width. No need to sign Kimpioka and Adama 

7 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Crying out for width. No need to sign Kimpioka and Adama 

When you say width do you mean a winger?

Reason I ask is they probably won't sign or even be looking for a winger because they're not planning on playing with any. 

Our option at wing back are all defensively minded, unless drey wright hits the ground running and gets back into the team quickly. It was the biggest glaring hole at the start of the window for me too. Really shocked it's not really been addressed, just with a player who seems to have played his best football in a defensive central midfield position. 

I'm sorry the guy is what 24 and non league there is no way our scouting network is advanced enough to pick some diamond that other clubs have missed in the last ~ 4/5 years

Might as well get the top scorer from luncarty or swifts 

5 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I'm sorry the guy is what 24 and non league there is no way our scouting network is advanced enough to pick some diamond that other clubs have missed in the last ~ 4/5 years

What age was Kevin Twaddle when we picked him up?

How many goals and assists do Stevie May, Chris Kane and Luke Jephcott have combined this season?

It's no wonder the management team are looking at every option to get more goals and assists.

8 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Ian Wright was 22 when picked from non league, Stevie Tosh the same, both did quite well 

Buglione had over 80 goals in a season for Margate (?) I’m sure. It did make many wonder at the time what with so many clubs nearby having a jolly boys down to Margate, if he was any good, why hadn’t anyone else picked him up?!

But I agree with Tam that Adama is going to tear it up.