Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 hours ago, realmadrid said:

As Queens Park will be in seed pot 2 and we will be in pot 1 we would play them at home if we drew them

Having visited the new Meadowbank this season you are not missing much if we get Edinburgh City

Ah okay, I didn’t realise they still did that, I thought they binned it when they took away the north/ south groupings.

Yes none of the sports centre stadia like Edinburgh or Spartans appeals, but you’ve got to tick the box I guess.

A shame how it's ended but if he wasn't Stevie May there wouldn't be a question about whether you'd keep him or not.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A shame how it's ended but if he wasn't Stevie May there wouldn't be a question about whether you'd keep him or not.

I agree to an extent.  But I'd rather see a younger striker coming in as 4th choice tbh. 

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Ah okay, I didn’t realise they still did that, I thought they binned it when they took away the north/ south groupings.

Yes none of the sports centre stadia like Edinburgh or Spartans appeals, but you’ve got to tick the box I guess.

Spartans is way more than a sports centre tbf

Would Dundee United or any other viable club be willing to match the salary that he's currently on at St Johnstone? Unless he goes somewhere on loan, I imagine he'll be here until the end of his contract.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Would Dundee United or any other viable club be willing to match the salary that he's currently on at St Johnstone? Unless he goes somewhere on loan, I imagine he'll be here until the end of his contract.

Was it not rumoured he took a cut in his wage for a longer deal at his last extension?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Was it not rumoured he took a cut in his wage for a longer deal at his last extension?

I'm pretty sure it was, but I wouldn't be too surprised if his cut wages are still pretty generous. Nothing would surprise me regarding Saints' business dealings in recent years. 

Stevie has been a great servant to St Johnstone, just as much as St Johnstone has been great for Stevie. We gave the platform for him to shine, then move on to bigger and better things and when his career was ruined by injury and it looked like he was finished we then took him back in to try and get his career on track. He has been well recompensed for his efforts, just as we have received a decent fee for when he was on a high. This last season was a step to far imo but coming off the back of being top goalscorer the previous season I can understand why he got kept on. I would be very surprised if he got another Premiership club and even more so if he was a regular starter/goalscorer for them. End of an era but carrying on paying a top wage for the likes of May and Kane was madness. Freshen things up, onwards and most definitely upwards.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Did he not even score this season or have I made that up

He scored in the league cup group stage, but that was it.

In May's defence, he didn't play very much and didn't really get a consistent run after Levein came in.  I thought he had some decent performances towards the end of the season and I think he's still got something to offer someone, although maybe at a lower level now. 

If it's time for him to go then fair enough. Will always be a saints legend and a 3 time world champion. 

If he is to go, we could find ourselves in the position that we have literally no double winners left in the entire squad and it's only 3 years since then. Bearing in mind we still had had 3 players in the squad from when we won the 2014 cup (and 1 right now) as of last summer, that's remarkable how quickly the players have been turned around. 

Andy Considine's instagram post suggests he's away. No surprise but hopefully we'll get full update on squad soon 

#UnleashtheList

Dan Phillips linked with Stevenage.

Seems a better move than I initially thought, they finished 5 or so points off the promotion play offs in League One last season. 

After Theo Bair, nothing will surprise me again, but a career kicking about tiers 3 to 5 is coming up for Dan Phillips.

He should have kicked on a lot more than he did at Saints. He needed to.

Are we definitely due compensation?

That and some cash for Mitov. Every little bit helps.