Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Mitov:

Seems popular with Saints fans.

Any weaknesses?

Distribution?  
Ball at his feet? 

Pretty much the only two areas I've seen that he needs to work on. Excellent shot stopper, commands his box well (although I think our issues  defending cross balls started to affect his confidence latterly), talks well. Just an excellent goalkeeper who stopped us from becoming detached early in the season and then pulled out a penalty save on the last day just as you guys scored in Dingwall. 

we've been blessed with goalkeepers over the years but Mitov is right up there with the best of them. 

After speaking to Dimi he can gtf. I explained to him that if he wants success and to win trophies then he's better staying where he is but if he wants to chase money then the sheep botherers will pay more. His words were "Tam I'm Bulgarian, we last had a decent team in the 80s and that's all we talk about back home, just like Aberdeen. Show me the money"

It was nice knowing you for that short while my Bulgarian Prince, off you pop.

Edited by tree house tam

Be interesting to see how Mitov gets on without facing 5-6 shots a game and constantly working. He has made mistakes, at cross balls and rushing out the box, but you kind of forget them as generally he also made a great save in the same game.

Fee is definitely going to be disappointingly low, but you offset that with the money saved by avoiding relegation I guess.

Do you go for a potential first choice 3rd keeper now? Or a Richards back up type to let Rae (or Sinclair) play? Incredibly good of Levein to get someone of Raes profile in before we lose Mitov though. Was virtually the perfect signing to make.

We always knew he was going and I think all hoped it would be down south, guess it still might be you never know. However, that was the price we paid for getting him in the first place and it does kind of explain how we managed to sign a keeper of his quality. That being said, I don’t think saints have ever gotten money for a goalkeeper and it’s one of these positions where you never get big money as it is. Do I agree with the figure, no he’s worth more, is it good that we’re getting something alongside a season of him essentially keeping us up, absolutely. 

Wherever Dimi ends up, he’ll have nothing but praise from saints fans, as I say, I’d hope his agent is trying to get him down south right now, but it is what it is. Equally as others have said, we’ve already acted quickly in getting in Rae, so at least for once saints have actually shown some forward thinking which is a positive. 

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be interesting to see how Mitov gets on without facing 5-6 shots a game and constantly working. He has made mistakes, at cross balls and rushing out the box, but you kind of forget them as generally he also made a great save in the same game.

Fee is definitely going to be disappointingly low, but you offset that with the money saved by avoiding relegation I guess.

Do you go for a potential first choice 3rd keeper now? Or a Richards back up type to let Rae (or Sinclair) play? Incredibly good of Levein to get someone of Raes profile in before we lose Mitov though. Was virtually the perfect signing to make.

I'd expect us to sign a more experienced first choice tbh. Get Sinclair out on loan.

26 minutes ago, Widge said:

That being said, I don’t think saints have ever gotten money for a goalkeeper and it’s one of these positions where you never get big money as it is.

It's mentioned on the Motherwell thread a lot about how they've had about 4 quality keepers like Ruddy/Randolph/forgotten the others yet barely got any money for them combined.

Seems the position where there's always free agents floating about.

7 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I'd expect us to sign a more experienced first choice tbh. Get Sinclair out on loan.

Craig Gordon crossed my mind, as he wont want to be 2nd choice for a full season, but I doubt that realistic.

A bit confused by the articles I’ve read which seem to suggest that Mitov hasn’t even talked with Aberdeen yet, but which also claim that he’s almost certain to move to Aberdeen. I’m assuming that the developments must be at a more advanced stage than what has been made public, as I would have imagined that Dimi might need a bit of convincing to move to Aberdeen instead of waiting for a few more weeks and seeing what other offers come in.

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

The one saving grace is that Dimi absolutely loves It here at St J. Could we attempt offering him an improved  deal ?

Possibly but this move might be a bit ahead of his plans to move and highlight him at a bigger club. One that (probably) won't be in a relegation fight.

10 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

Don't worry Marko Birighitovic is available this summer and can solve the goal keeping issue 

You've signed our waterboy to start this season m8, probably best not to get too excited about your keeper situation.