Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If he's reporting it, has it come from that bloody agent potentially?

That was my initial thought, but Robert Thomson and Eric Nicolson have also been reporting it.

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

If he's reporting it, has it come from that bloody agent potentially?

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

That was my initial thought, but Robert Thomson and Eric Nicolson have also been reporting it.

Yeah, this. 

Sadly, usually once there is that first concrete bid… it’s just a matter of time before the player leaves. I think it will be a case of negotiating the best deal we can.

Hope Levein can pull another rabbit out the hat.

Think we all know Sidibeh is just passing through, especially given who his agent is. Hopefully we can get another few months out of him at least, or if not, then at least have a decent release clause in his contract. £500k would feel really low when we have so long left on his deal 

I rate Sidibeh highly but if you get £500k and a chunk of his next fee you probably go for that? Like he's massively unproven still and there's doubts about how he can cope with with full time football I guess, so if someone else takes that risk then fine, but that rumoured release clause feels like doom mongering after Mitov?

FWIW Callum Hendry is probably available for less than £500k using the teams linked with him as a gauge.

I mean it’s very likely the boys quoting nonsense, but I’d love to be a fly on the wall of Swanseas managers office coming to terms with that figure. 

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

17 min Webb interview. This bad boy is worthy of being cast to the TV! 

A very, very, good interview again, IMO.

Confirms another investor is coming in, and sounds like someone from Cambridge, maybe both his fellow owners there?

Sounds like an initial investment will be made by him/them, then it's up to the club to sustain itself to whatever level that is, which sounds fair enough tbh.

Fucking all in on how much he talked about improving the youth department though. We already have one of the best in the country.

2 hours ago, Costanza said:

Is £500k release clause true? Would seem strange given where we bought him from.

It would also be quite peculiar if rumour are correct and County just sold Jack Baldwin for that same fee. 

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It would also be quite peculiar if rumour are correct and County just sold Jack Baldwin for that same fee. 

The "rumour" seems to be because one journalist saw that reported as our asking price and has decided to report it as a release clause.

‘’I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I think you’ll understand that we are going to reach new heights in the coming years. Everyone should be along for the ride.’’

Adam Webb

I can already sense the fear amongst our Scottish Premiership competitors. Scary times ahead.

Enjoyed the comment about making the club more professional day to day aswell.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Enjoyed the comment about making the club more professional day to day aswell.

That would not have been too difficult considering the way things have gone since the Double.

Still, it is a joy to hear.