Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, DavidReid01 said:

Tell us more. Kirk and Paddy Cregg sent off?

Cregg held onto the ball after it went out and it ended up in a bit of a scuffle. Not sure Kirk really had to get involved, tbh, but it’s been bubbling away for a while. A few tasty tackles. 

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Cregg held onto the ball after it went out and it ended up in a bit of a scuffle. Not sure Kirk really had to get involved, tbh, but it’s been bubbling away for a while. A few tasty tackles. 

Was kinda half hoping we’d finally got proper angry raging Levein.

51 minutes ago, True Saintee said:

That’s a red for Essel all day long.

It’s pretty funny at the moment, but you get the feeling he will absolutely cost us points.

Looking forward to the ride. 

Shame it wasn't and he's got you a point as things stand! :P *or kept you in the tie in this instance.

Edited by greendot

16 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Fancy Saints to take something.

Dons still have a squad to build, added to the fact we’re without MacDonald, Polvara, Clarkson, Duk & we’re not playing Miovski.

All first picks ordinarily,.

1-1 

Opportunity to put Aberdeen under a bit of pressure from the start. Test the nerve in the first game in front of an expectant support etc etc etc. 

Levein will do the opposite though and treat the game like it's the Old Firm. 10 men behind the ball and let Aberdeen have all the ball to grow into the game.

When Saints do get the ball it'll be an punt up the park in the vague direction of the lone striker. That was the game plan against Alloa as well 🤪

Well that's the positive spirit isn't it... 😂

I hope they learned something from Saturday but I can't see it. It's been the same story under the previous couple of managers. They change away from their usual game plan, we get a positive reaction from the players and a positive performance. The next week they revert immediately back to the crap game plan that hasn't worked for months and struggle.

If they do indeed go back to their 5-2-2-1 then 2-0 easy win for Aberdeen without Saints laying a glove. 7 wins in 2024, 3 of those are Brechin, East Fife and a shite Morton side (failed to beat Livi twice).

Not convinced the form against Premiership sides is going to change much when going out there looking to shitfest a 1-0.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Opportunity to put Aberdeen under a bit of pressure from the start. Test the nerve in the first game in front of an expectant support etc etc etc. 

Levein will do the opposite though and treat the game like it's the Old Firm. 10 men behind the ball and let Aberdeen have all the ball to grow into the game.

When Saints do get the ball it'll be an punt up the park in the vague direction of the lone striker. That was the game plan against Alloa as well 🤪

Well that's the positive spirit isn't it... 😂

I hope they learned something from Saturday but I can't see it. It's been the same story under the previous couple of managers. They change away from their usual game plan, we get a positive reaction from the players and a positive performance. The next week they revert immediately back to the crap game plan that hasn't worked for months and struggle.

If they do indeed go back to their 5-2-2-1 then 2-0 easy win for Aberdeen without Saints laying a glove. 7 wins in 2024, 3 of those are Brechin, East Fife and a shite Morton side (failed to beat Livi twice).

Not convinced the form against Premiership sides is going to change much when going out there looking to shitfest a 1-0.

Surely he’ll play Sidibeh & Kimpioka up front as a 2?  

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Surely he’ll play Sidibeh & Kimpioka up front as a 2?  

First time we've seen it from the start this season on Saturday. He did question Sidibeh's fitness though. It was a weird one. He came back to pre season then after a couple of weeks of pre season was given a week off 🫤

Hopefully he does but most of last season it was one of the other as well 🤷‍♂️ we'll see. 

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

First time we've seen it from the start this season on Saturday. He did question Sidibeh's fitness though. It was a weird one. He came back to pre season then after a couple of weeks of pre season was given a week off 🫤

Hopefully he does but most of last season it was one of the other as well 🤷‍♂️ we'll see. 

Our two centre backs are young & a relatively inexperienced & new partnership.

If I was Saints boss I’d play them both.

Without doubt we should be starting both and trying to get at least an hour out of each. We won’t though. We’ll have someone like McPake or Connor Smith playing off Kimpioka and I’ll be fucking raging. 

No chance he plays them both. Far too attacking for a league game. Instead it'll be a defensive set up with too much pressure being put on the CBs because the CMs are useless shitebags. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think he will play both tbh.

I agree, I think we will as well. They both scored 2 goals in the last game and are clearly forming a partnership. What’s he actually got to lose in the first game of the season!? 

He pretty much confirms, to me, that we're now totally reliant on good loan players appearing and both being affordable and interested, or we're going to struggle to add anyone else.

People from other fanbases will look at that, look at our squad, and still not understand the scale of damage that Flaherty/Davidson created.

We could likely lose Clark and May, if folks talk of wages are correct, and sign about 4 players.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

People from other fanbases will look at that, look at our squad, and still not understand the scale of damage that Flaherty/Davidson created.

We could likely lose Clark and May, if folks talk of wages are correct, and sign about 4 players.

I assume Clark is injured? Has there been any update on him recently?