Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We are favourites for the drop. I don't think there's any getting away from that, we need to sign a few starting players and still hope that some of the gambles pay off more than they've looked capable of so far. 

I'm still fairly convinced Ross County are going to do an us from last season tbh.

Rookie manager, lost key players, just assuming it'll be fine and work out.

See Nicky Clark seems to be out of training every so often, Levein seems to say he'll be "back training" over the next few days (including today I think) but won't play against Aberdeen.

You'd think if Levein had any intention of playing Kjeltens in midfield he would have tried it out in one of the league cup games.

Aberdeen formation will be interesting. With our midfield shit show I think we'd be better with a back 5, but with a big crowd and in Webb's sights, surely Levein will feel he has to go attacking.

Maybe 5 at the back but with Benji and Adama up front can be dressed up as 'positive'...

8 minutes ago, monkfish said:

You'd think if Levein had any intention of playing Kjeltens in midfield he would have tried it out in one of the league cup games.

Aberdeen formation will be interesting. With our midfield shit show I think we'd be better with a back 5, but with a big crowd and in Webb's sights, surely Levein will feel he has to go attacking.

Maybe 5 at the back but with Benji and Adama up front can be dressed up as 'positive'...

I think he'd see this line up as attacking tbh.

lineup(5)(2).png.175ad77ec3334c10b7ca56aa32460de4.png

On Keltjens, I don't know if Levein likes him all that much. Might be wrong but think he'll take any excuse to drop him and he struggled against Alloa and East Fife (after Wright moved away from in front of him).

15 minutes ago, monkfish said:

With our midfield shit show I think we'd be better with a back 5

Feel the same. It’s a difficult one as it was nice to see us playing with actual wingers last week, but we don’t have the midfielders to get away with playing two in the middle. Monday probably picks itself with Raymond out, but beyond that, do you go with a back five in favour of Sidibeh and Kimpioka up front, or drop one of them to get the wingers in? 

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

Anyone at the fans meeting that could provide feedback would be appreciated.

6:00pm on a Friday no use for me but sounds like a big turnout.

I'm sure someone will give a full report but as usual Webb talked well. He was giving out free tickets to fans to give to friends for Monday.

Confirmed they are indeed looking into a hotel on site.

They've been looking at shop locations that will be run by existing 3rd parties.

He explained a bit about what's happening pre match on Monday. Won't spoil that though. 

Looking at a new scoreboard to get in before the Motherwell game if the cost is reasonable.

They're opening out an overflow for the Muirton from Monday. 

Speaker in the East Stand that was malfunctioning has been replaced. The walkout music is going to be changing as well. 

Others can add anything I've missed. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

New lights in the stand too? Wasn’t there - Friday 6pm great for me either - but noticed them on Wednesday.  

Wasn't mentioned I don't think but the info was given in response to questions rather than him giving details of everything done so could well be the case. 

Also will not be a testimonial match for Murray due to "taxation reasons". 

David's will happen but needs a fan committee arranged.

36 minutes ago, Radford said:

Anyone at the fans meeting that could provide feedback would be appreciated.

6:00pm on a Friday no use for me but sounds like a big turnout.

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm sure someone will give a full report but as usual Webb talked well. He was giving out free tickets to fans to give to friends for Monday.

Confirmed they are indeed looking into a hotel on site.

They've been looking at shop locations that will be run by existing 3rd parties.

He explained a bit about what's happening pre match on Monday. Won't spoil that though. 

Looking at a new scoreboard to get in before the Motherwell game if the cost is reasonable.

They're opening out an overflow for the Muirton from Monday. 

Speaker in the East Stand that was malfunctioning has been replaced. The walkout music is going to be changing as well. 

Others can add anything I've missed. 

Thanks folks. Anything about on field? Admittedly I didn't look to see if there was an agenda so was maybe not the appropriate time to ask. 

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thanks folks. Anything about on field? Admittedly I didn't look to see if there was an agenda so was maybe not the appropriate time to ask. 

On field wasn’t really mentioned surprisingly, though I suspect people might’ve been more keen to understand his motives . He came over well. 

Great post by @blueheaven on WAP about it, for anyone interested.

I've forgotten the rest as I'm dazed by the talk of a video screen replacing the scoreboard, and confirmation he plans to make all the seats in the stadium blue.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Can't see the seat thing happening. The comment was basically "as we replace seats we'll make them blue". 

Aberdeen did this though. The yellow seats were gradually replaced with red once as they became broken. Made for the same effect as Brentford have for a period while it changed. You'd be surprised how many and how often we replace them. 

3 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Can't see the seat thing happening. The comment was basically "as we replace seats we'll make them blue". 

Yes. As we break them, they get replaced blue. Sold out stadium this Monday.

Solution is simple.