Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yeah it's not Leveins job to say, or decide, what happens to MacPherson IMO.

I think any manager would say the same before any official statement is released.

Speaking of the statement, they should just get it over and done with. Yaxley-Lennon has posted about it again this morning and the club is getting abuse from his followers despite saying nothing at this point, so we might as well just get it out there.

I am guessing the fact there has been no statement, despite what was suggested in the emails from Adam Webb yesterday, means the response is going to be a lot stronger than I expected.  If it was going to be a slap on the wrists the statement would have been made.

I suspect its all now with employment lawyers...

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think any manager would say the same before any official statement is released.

Speaking of the statement, they should just get it over and done with. Yaxley-Lennon has posted about it again this morning and the club is getting abuse from his followers despite saying nothing at this point, so we might as well just get it out there.

Cringe as f**k how many of these fuds tag Elon Musk 🤣

12 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

I am guessing the fact there has been no statement, despite what was suggested in the emails from Adam Webb yesterday, means the response is going to be a lot stronger than I expected.  If it was going to be a slap on the wrists the statement would have been made.

I suspect its all now with employment lawyers...

Aye this is what I'm thinking now too. Like you'd think they'd want it out the way before the line up is announced tomorrow, and you'd think the earlier the better so it all calms down before the game so it's not the main focus, but the fact it's taking so long suggests it could be more than a "he's sorry and it won't happen again, he'll miss a game or two as punishment".

Or it's just taking ages because Webbs in America again and the time difference/communication method means things take ages?

BBC are some shower eh? They’re reporting that Saints have DEALT with the matter internally. However they have made this assumption based on Levein saying no comment.

I’d imagine this is not dealt with until they make some form of statement about it. 

6 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

BBC are some shower eh? They’re reporting that Saints have DEALT with the matter internally. However they have made this assumption based on Levein saying no comment.

I’d imagine this is not dealt with until they make some form of statement about it. 

Unless someone at the club has told them there won't be a statement?

Maybe just me but I feel like the old guard would be happy to brush this under the carpet not while the new owner(s) won't want to, and there might be a disconnect in messages coming out the club?

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Unless someone at the club has told them there won't be a statement?

Maybe just me but I feel like the old guard would be happy to brush this under the carpet not while the new owner(s) won't want to, and there might be a disconnect in messages coming out the club?

Well they'll have to learn pretty quickly who the boss is now. 

Because if there is a reaction such as a termination of a contract etc it's going to be because of Webb. 

Really can't see Roddy and Gus losing much sleep over this or even grasping why fans might be unhappy.

7 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

There will have to be a statement.

Yeah would think so, just curious how convinced the BBC are there won't be anything.

28 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

The issue probably has been already dealt with internally. 

They've just not announced publicly what that action was. 

Although it's unlikely to be the SACK HIM!!!!! call many have been demanding otherwise his side would have leaked that to cause outrage. 

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Although it's unlikely to be the SACK HIM!!!!! call many have been demanding otherwise his side would have leaked that to cause outrage. 

Not if it's still going through lawyers.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye this is what I'm thinking now too. Like you'd think they'd want it out the way before the line up is announced tomorrow, and you'd think the earlier the better so it all calms down before the game so it's not the main focus, but the fact it's taking so long suggests it could be more than a "he's sorry and it won't happen again, he'll miss a game or two as punishment".

Or it's just taking ages because Webbs in America again and the time difference/communication method means things take ages?

We aren’t playing until Sunday, so it might be a good idea to distract our relegation rivals Ross County by releasing the statement at some point between 3pm and 4.45pm tomorrow while they are in the middle of a promising attack.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

We aren’t playing until Sunday.

Genuinely completely forgot that 😂

The reason there will be statement is that the club has to say they stand against the sort of stuff MacPherson was tweeting. Otherwise you risk alienating both supporters – and players.  You also have to a duty to let your supporters know how and why the player is being punished.  It's fans' money that is paying his wages after all.

My guess is that they'll release such a statement soon. I hope the punishment is at least a maximum fine, perhaps a suspension, and that MacPherson will do some work with anti-racism organisations. I'd also expect an apology from the player, both to the fans and his team-mates, but I won't be paying too much heed to that. It's how the club behaves that's important now.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I hated Cami anyway, because of his lack of footballing ability, his reading of the game and his general attitude to being a professional at the club I support.

A statement from him won't stop me abusing him, neither will the strip he's playing in. Suppose that says a lot about me but I'm happy with that, I'm a bit of a p***k.

Just dealing with it internally is not compatible with the emails sent out by Webb yesterday, so would be very surprised if that's the case.

Of course, if nothing happens and he is playing Sunday, it will be very telling.

1 minute ago, stevensanph said:

Of course, if nothing happens and he is playing Sunday, it will be very telling.

If he is playing Sunday,  I will be canceling my Saints TV Subscription.

I doubt that matters to anyone, but it does to me.