Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's not signing for us, I wouldn't overthink it.

Let's be real, his agent has told the press a list of clubs interested, and instead of saying "PSG" has said "PSJ"...

Journalist has gone away and googled "PSJ" and found Perth St Johnstone (our famous internet fan team). Two plus two equals five.

Sounds like the club is sort of split in two.

Smith heads the "business" side, looking to increase income/revenue and entice fans along. The new Directors part of that side of thing.

Roddy Grant and Gus MacPherson head the "football" side, and are tasked with making sure that all works and gives us increased prize money and keeps fans coming along.

Adam Webb is the link between both.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like the club is sort of split in two.

Smith heads the "business" side, looking to increase income/revenue and entice fans along. The new Directors part of that side of thing.

Roddy Grant and Gus MacPherson head the "football" side, and are tasked with making sure that all works and gives us increased prize money and keeps fans coming along.

Adam Webb is the link between both.

I'm not sure Roddy has ever been involved on the football side. Lottery and carrying the cup around in 2014 seems about the limit of his capabilities. 

45 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hope we explicitly told them to go and f**k themselves regarding the venue switch. There is no danger they'd do that for us.

Late home for the Wick RSC that night.

Out of interest, why do you believe St Johnstone would be against the fixture swap? It would’ve meant both fixtures would’ve been played at a reasonable time for fans of both teams to attend.

It would’ve also meant we’d have had less recovery time following a European match by the time we faced you at McDiarmid Park.

Edited by AJF

49 minutes ago, AJF said:

Out of interest, why do you believe St Johnstone would be against the fixture swap? It would’ve meant both fixtures would’ve been played at a reasonable time for fans of both teams to attend.

It would’ve also meant we’d have had less recovery time following a European match by the time we faced you at McDiarmid Park.

I think in virtually all other circumstances, there would have been little issue. The scheduled home fixture was far enough away that it wouldn't be a huge concern.

But what happened a couple of weeks ago outside the ground, then to see your manager and players celebrating with that same specific set of fans (and they could EASILY have been advised about what had happened as everyone in the Saints end was already aware), has hopefully played a big part in us refusing to cooperate on this occasion.

Rangers as a club not even publicly condemning the action, or wishing the SLO well, would also hurts relations, I'd imagine.

But I guess it'll just be another thing they've forgotten about.

Edited by RandomGuy.