Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers as a club not even publicly condemning the action, or wishing the SLO well, would also hurts relations, I'd imagine.

But I guess it'll just be another thing they've forgotten about.

Let's be honest that club are known to love releasing statements, about almost anything.

I suppose their fans are also known for being bigoted scumbags though. Maybe they can't afford to employ a person with the sole purpose of releasing those type of statements every ten minutes.

8 hours ago, Radford said:

I think in virtually all other circumstances, there would have been little issue. The scheduled home fixture was far enough away that it wouldn't be a huge concern.

But what happened a couple of weeks ago outside the ground, then to see your manager and players celebrating with that same specific set of fans (and they could EASILY have been advised about what had happened as everyone in the Saints end was already aware), has hopefully played a big part in us refusing to cooperate on this occasion.

I haven’t read the thread but what happened here?

18 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I haven’t read the thread but what happened here?

"Union Bears" attacked our 51yo, female, SLO for a drum before the recent cup game.

Rangers win the game then make a big show of celebrating the result with the "union bears". Club never publicly acknowledge the incident beyond releasing a story through the Record about banning people (which is enforced by the police when court proceedings are brought against any for football related disorder). 

Few weeks later same club now asking for a favour after f**king up the renovation of their stadium, then f**king up further by forgetting to request that matchday as an away game, probably because they can't deal with more than one thing at once.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Union Bears" attacked our 51yo, female, SLO for a drum before the recent cup game.

Rangers win the game then make a big show of celebrating the result with the "union bears". Club never publicly acknowledge the incident beyond releasing a story through the Record about banning people (which is enforced by the police when court proceedings are brought against any for football related disorder). 

Few weeks later same club now asking for a favour after f**king up the renovation of their stadium, then f**king up further by forgetting to request that matchday as an away game, probably because they can't deal with more than one thing at once.

Not so good. Hope the lady is alright. 

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It has nothing to do with the stadium. It’s because the Great Scottish run is taking place in Glasgow on the Sunday and it can’t be played on Saturday as we now play in the Europa League on Thursday.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It has nothing to do with the stadium. It’s because the Great Scottish run is taking place in Glasgow on the Sunday and it can’t be played on Saturday as we now play in the Europa League on Thursday.

Your club are still fannies.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Must be really annoying to have folk slowly running/marching en mass through the city centre streets disrupting other events 🤔😉🤣

I can see why Saints wouldn't agree to the switch. If it disrupts the opposition in any way, then will take any small advantages.

Would barely be any saints fans there anyway, do not putting out many away fans, bit I'd imagine a fair portion of Rangers fans ruled out due to timings of ferries and journeys back to Inverness etc. 

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Your club are still fannies.

That may be so, but I was just correcting the implication that it had anything to do with the works going on at Ibrox.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Must be really annoying to have folk slowly running/marching en mass through the city centre streets disrupting other events 🤔😉🤣

I can see why Saints wouldn't agree to the switch. If it disrupts the opposition in any way, then will take any small advantages.

Would barely be any saints fans there anyway, do not putting out many away fans, bit I'd imagine a fair portion of Rangers fans ruled out due to timings of ferries and journeys back to Inverness etc. 

Yeah that’s fair enough.

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

funny thing is if the got their way and had the game moved to McDiarmid they would have been demanding 3 stands 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

Nobody gives a f**k. Until Rangers start controlling their fans properly, they can GTF.

45 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

I hear there was a bounce game between our sets of lads today

Anyone know much about it?

Because of course Levein even works Hearts into a bounce match.