Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

ftfy.

Wish we could've afforded to do the same when we played them, no chance we'd make up the numbers required to do it though, good luck to St Johnstone in doing so, the entitlement by arse cheek fans needs more clubs doing this to them (if they can make it work).

For clarity we haven't reduced their allocation. The Courier is reporting their allocation will be identical to what they got last season.

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Responses from Celtic fans on this thread are why they will never change. 

The responses to the club tweet are interesting. Stopping short of saying 'green pound' and the coded alternative is that Saints should be grateful for the CL money we get because of them or hand it back. Sure Celtic would take the same view on their CL money and give back to Real Madrid etc as wee Ivan in Croatia isn't tuning in and paying for his subscription, to desperately see Celtic get pumped all around Europe. 

20 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

For clarity, the courier is misreading the letter like an awful lot of others 

It doesn't matter, regardless, IMO. The allocation is still going to be roughly the same and everyone delighted/raging the "allocation is cut" is in for a shock when we play Celtic and it looks the exact same.

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

, I'd prefer empty seats in the Ormond than it being filled with Rangers and Celtic fans.

Absolutely pathetic stuff like this is why our game/product is widely ridiculed and fails to attract decent sponsorship and TV deals. 

4 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

The above is the way I read it and as far as I’m concerned the statement is performative pish. Why do they need to release a statement saying nothing major has changed.

I’m more concerned that 10 days after the latest debacle we still don’t have 1) A new centre half. 2) A new goalie or 3) and most importantly a new goalkeeper coach. Think we can live without number 2 but 1 and 3 are desperately needed. Starting to think we have people in our football department that are taking wages under false pretenses. Hopefully something happens in the next day or so to make me eat my words

Agreed. The amount of CLUB STATEMENTS and now 'Open Letters' is tinpot stuff. 

So far from the new owners there is a lot of fluff, but not much 'delivery' other than what looks like a drastically reduced playing budget (that they've pretended is an increase), and an unimpressive new Board.

They'd be better dialling the communications back a bit until they've something to say / something tangible to announce.

12 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Absolutely pathetic stuff like this is why our game/product is widely ridiculed and fails to attract decent sponsorship and TV deals. 

Monotonous fixtures played 4 times a year in a league that's impossible to win bar 2 sides, one of which vanished for half a decade.

Not hard to see why nobody outside Scotland is interested tbh, and I doubt filling stadiums with away fans makes the slightest bit of difference. Literally nobody wants to watch you roll teams over 19 times a season yet that's what's pumped onto the tele.

43 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Is it? Or is it because people don't want their brands associated with people signing about f**king the pope & rebel IRA songs? 🤷‍♂️

We can all just throw our theories without fact as well 👍

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I took in the Man Utd v Liverpool game the other week, and at the end of the game, they simply kept the away fans in until the home supporters had cleared.

It happens a lot in the English leagues. Even further down the ladder if the match is something like a derby.

I know it's extremely unlikely to happen, and they'd moan and whinge about it, but it would solve a lot of problems.

It just needs one club to start it, and then it would become the norm.

59 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Absolute f**king baloney. 

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Why the f**k would I care whether a Celtic fan would get a ticket or not? If a Saints Fan that wants to go can get a ticket then great. If it means an empty seat vs a celtic fan in it, I'd rather the empty seat thanks. As would you if it came down to an empty seat at Celtic park vs it being filled by one of your blue siblings from across the city.

Edited by Theyellowbox

Absolute bollocks my friend. Even if we got better sponsorship/TV deals, your lot and the other arse cheek would get a bigger slice of it. And frankly, I couldn't give a flying f**k what the f**king Morris dancers think of Scottish football. 

50 minutes ago, Gekko said:

I took in the Man Utd v Liverpool game the other week, and at the end of the game, they simply kept the away fans in until the home supporters had cleared.

It happens a lot in the English leagues. Even further down the ladder if the match is something like a derby.

I know it's extremely unlikely to happen, and they'd moan and whinge about it, but it would solve a lot of problems.

We were held back on Sunday night and it didn’t really make that much difference in terms of fans mixing outside the stadium. Appreciate that’s on a different scale though. 

I’d imagine any attempts to hold fans back would - at least initially - go as well as the one attempted at Easter Road a few years ago. 

Edited by PSJ.84

No, pathetic is making multiple accounts on here then making them have full blown conversations with each other, that's pathetic.

1 hour ago, Gekko said:

Would look forward to Saints fans being stuck in the stadium for 45 minutes after the match until the away fans are cleared. They wouldn't want to treat the away fans like that and maybe lose out on some money.