Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Clement at Rangers the last foreign manager I can think of that moved to Scotland, and there was 2 days between him being announced and taking his first training session, and 6 days between him being announced and taking charge of his first game. If you look beyond the announcement there was exactly 3 weeks between Beale being sacked and Clement taking charge of his first game, unsure if they were possibly already in the process of hiring him when Beale was in position?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Clement at Rangers the last foreign manager I can think of that moved to Scotland, and there was 2 days between him being announced and taking his first training session, and 6 days between him being announced and taking charge of his first game. If you look beyond the announcement there was exactly 3 weeks between Beale being sacked and Clement taking charge of his first game, unsure if they were possibly already in the process of hiring him when Beale was in position?

Jimmy Thelin can't even be used a useful example here because it had been lined up months in advance. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Jimmy Thelin can't even be used a useful example here because it had been lined up months in advance. 

Aye they had plenty of time between the announcement and him actually getting involved.

Refuse to believe Valakari hasn't been having some part in training tbh, or that he won't have some input on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

You'd have thought that with Simo having already worked in the UK, has perfect English and has a son who was even born here, he'd be a pretty straight forward assessment.

Only if that stuff has been sent in the documents, I'd imagine.

I doubt those who make the judgement can research everyone themselves.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but you'd imagine the docs would ask if you have ever visited or worked in the UK before. Children and place of birth etc.

Would love to see the reaction next time a Rangers or Celtic manager needs to wait this long. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Some time ago I was a Civil Servant in the Home Office and later a different department. Back then we weren't allowed to access any information about applicants whatsoever that wasn't included in their documentation. No Googling etc.

This was years (quite a few) pre-Brexit so my info will be well out of date, but I'd imagine that aspect of it hasn't changed. If it's not in the paperwork, it doesn't count.

As part of my job i now need to apply each September/October for work visa's for seasonal staff from outside the EU for entry into France for my works winter sports hotel.

The process is fairly straight forward and has not changed in the 3 years that we have needed to do this for UK staff, however it all depends on who's PC the form lands on as to how long the applications take.

I submitted 9 between 27th September and 1st October. 3 of these have a card which entitles the candidate to work seasonally in France , yet only 2 of those have been approved and the others including the person with the valid "Titre de Sejour" continue to bounce around the system with more and more questions being asked as the application get pushed back.

I guess it works both ways.